Details, When Are They Too Much?
What makes you happy, what pleases you? That should be where the bar is set for everything with this or any other hobby. If you want extreme and accurate details on anything be it a loco, car or structure, and you do your best to get it, that's all you need. Try your best and do a mediocre job, so be it, you did your best and that's all anyone can ask. Don't care about details just as long as everything runs, that's OK too. Not willing to work on details but want them and are willing to pay the price, fine. How many times do you need to remind yourself that this is a hobby and hobbies are suppose to be fun to work at? Too many or too few details for some are just right for others.

If I did painting for the pleasure of it, I'd want details in what I paint. There are "impressionists" whose paintings give the illusion of detail, and then there are those that just splash paint on a canvas and sell their work for millions. Regardless, if you're pleased with whatever level you choose, in whatever hobby it is, that's all you need to be concerned about.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
Details, When Are They Too Much? - by tompm - 07-15-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by testone - 07-16-2021, 03:03 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by ngauger - 07-16-2021, 05:13 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by ezdays - 07-16-2021, 09:32 AM
RE: Details, When Are They Too Much? - by bdw9535 - 07-16-2021, 03:55 PM