Friend's going DCC
An ex-coworker of mine has a little bit of the bug.  He's retired and stops by occasionally to see my progress.  His typical involvement in the hobby has been setting up something for Christmas, but he has some space available in his basement.  He has a few locomotives he'd like to bring over and operate on my layout, but mine is DCC, and he inquired about retrofitting his locomotives.  

I call Sam "Mr. Microhands".  Seriously, he has really tiny fingers and hands and we'd always employ him for tightening fasteners in really tight quarters.  He's also a Ford guy - drives a 66 Fairlane as his daily driver, has a 66 Galaxie convertible, does all the maintenance and repair on them, has a '60 Impala and his wife has a '69 Camaro R/S.  He's also an electrical engineer, so I anticipate he'd have no issue installing an encoder.

Figured we'd start slow and easy - he bought a Digitrax encoder (no sound) with a harness with long leads that we're going to fit into an Athearn blue box Alco 1000 switcher.  It'll be good to have some foreign power run through the gorge at some point soon and I'll get some pictures.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Friend's going DCC - by TMo - 11-16-2022, 08:18 PM
RE: Friend's going DCC - by woodone - 11-18-2022, 01:52 PM
RE: Friend's going DCC - by TMo - 11-18-2022, 06:43 PM
RE: Friend's going DCC - by Schraddel - 11-19-2022, 05:22 AM
RE: Friend's going DCC - by woodone - 11-19-2022, 11:03 AM
RE: Friend's going DCC - by TMo - 11-19-2022, 11:04 AM