Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
Thanks Tom.

I spent yesterday building interior components, starting with the machine shop tools

Interaction also makes some good looking interior parts that I've been collecting for awhile. Here is their machine shop tools pack. It includes two lathes, one milling machine, one bandsaw four worktables and some hand tools, all laser cut.

It only took about an hour to assemble the tools and get them ready for paint. Mostly you are layering on basswood and resin board parts, then sanding the joints smooth.

I painted the two lathes and the bandsaw in Model master interior green, the milling machine in a medium gray. The tables were painted in a few different colors, depending on what they were going to be used for. Any details were painted with fine tip markers.
I also scratch built a drill press from styrene shapes. I have one at work so eyeballing the dimensions was pretty easy.

The machines are fairly well detailed, especially since they will be viewed through the windows.

I panted the hand tools in steel and I'll just pop them out of the carrier as I need them.

With those done I went on to build up some bookcases, file cabinets and some chairs, also done by interaction.

The book cases are time consuming, but not difficult. The books are laser-engraved into a thin piece of birch.

I used some 005 micron pens to color the books. I started with painting the recesses between the books in black.

Then I colored the individual books in various colors. I decided to do and experiment on one of the book cases, spray painting the front all in black, then lighting sanding it off so only the recesses remained black before coloring the books. This worked a bit faster and saved the wear on my black pen.

Then it was just assembling them and the filing cabinets.

Finally I assembled three chairs and a table. The chairs are sooo small and fragile.
I also have a couple desks that are already made. The only thing I'm missing is a drafting table which I'll probably try to scratchbuild.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 12-31-2022, 10:56 AM