Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works
I finished off the first floor today, starting with adding the lighting strip and wiring.

The light strip has  3m adhesive on it's back but I used some epoxy to glue the wiring to the underside of the second floor and painted the wires so they won't be seen.  Then I pulled the wires through the styrene tube I had installed, installed the floor and tried out the lighting.

Looks good to me. Enough light to see the interior without it being overwhelming. 

I almost didn't want to put the sidewall up.

But I did. everything fit well except that I had placed the milling machine too close to a wall brace. A quick wilting down of the brace and everything fit fine.   

I made a small raised work surface/box so I can keep the structure flat while working on it and thread the wiring through. 

And it is large enough for the shed and boiler room additions

I have started to detail the second floor for the engineering department. The floor has a scribed basswood overlay. I added handrails to the stairs and around the stair hole. These came from a Central Valley fence and railing set. I can soon add the office furniture. That reminds me:

I scratchbuilt a couple drafting tables for the engineers. I used some scrap birch plywood from one of the interaction interior kits for the table tops and cast-off scale lumber for the legs and structure. I still need to clutter the desk tops with plans and papers but the structure is there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Schaake Machine Works - by cnrglen - 01-08-2023, 06:33 PM