D&RGW 'Cookie Box'
Continuing to finish up some projects. I found a Branchline Blueprint 40' AAr boxcar awhile ago and painted it for Denver and Rio Grande Western:

Why this roadname after painting so many CN and CP cars? Well I've alway liked the D&RGW and if I wasn't modeling Canadian, I'd probably be modeling this.
I had the decals in my collection for a number of years and this was the perfect candidate for them. However I had two sets of decals so I wanted a second car. Finding another indentical boxcar kit was easy but expensive (especially shipping) So I waited until I found another build boxcar at a swap meet.

It needed to be stripped of paint and ecals and a few repairs but at 3$ I couldn't go wrong.

This afternoon I sprayed it in primer along with an Athearn hopper that I also had in the projects pile. 

Up until now I've been using light gray paint from a rattle can to primer my painting projects. A couple months ago another modeller gave me a lot of Vallejo products including paints, thinners, airbrush cleaning fluid and two bottles of Acrylic-Polyurethane primer. I had never used it before but it airbrushes well right out of the bottle and cleans up with water. The finish was quite acceptable with any flaws being my fault. I think I'll be using this from now on as long as the paint goes on well overtop of it.

Messages In This Thread
D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by cnrglen - 11-05-2023, 10:07 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by cnrglen - 11-06-2023, 11:17 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by Amalynn - 11-07-2023, 04:50 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by cnrglen - 11-07-2023, 10:49 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by cnrglen - 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by tompm - 11-12-2023, 05:01 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by cnrglen - 11-19-2023, 06:18 PM
RE: D&RGW 'Cookie Box' - by ngauger - 12-03-2023, 02:43 PM