Light And Magnifiers
Hello,

we all grew older and our senses now may be not as they were in our youth. To compensate this we have take measures in respect of this. Me too, my eyes became less effective in relation to as they were in previous years. This is a sneaking process and you have to accept it. In short; there a two main things:
1) The ability to focus the eye onto objects near by became more difficulty.
2) The need fo more light.

Here i will show and dicuss the measures i have taken. And i invite you to participate and show us what you have done to keep the hobby enjoyable. Not the medical aspect is here in the focus, but the technical devices like lamps and magnifying glasses you. Tell us about of your devices and about your experiences with them and if they suit or are not so good.

[Image: dsc070045isd0.jpg]
At first i started with the classic handheld magnifier glass. Yes it does what it is intended for. But you are then one-handed because you have to use one hand to keep the glass. My experience; this is benefical when you want to check or examine something. But working on the object is not really possible becaus one-handed. You need something which holds the magnifier.
This was the next step for me to purchase this, so called, soldering aid. A magnifier onto a flexible shaft which can be bend to bring a work piece into focus. Additional there a two crocodile style claws for fixing work pieces. And additional there are also two bright LEDs in the frame of the magnifier glass, powered by 3 AAA batteries in the pedestal.
My conclusions about it is, that the magnifier glass is too small in diameter to enable sterocopic vision of a workpiece. And in my opinion is stereoskopic vision a basic requirement to work on tiny pieces.
But i found other application for this devive:
- As mobile independent lamp were you need light instandly.
- For reading tiny printed numbers on model railroad cars; some modern flat cars have such tiny print. The LEDs light will help a lot in dark corners.
- Quick disposabiltiy, e.g. when you want to remove a scale of wood with a tweezers.
- This became a faithful travel companion when i went as exhibitor to shows and conventions.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread
Light And Magnifiers - by Schraddel - 02-27-2024, 10:06 AM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by ezdays - 02-27-2024, 07:32 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by Charlie B - 02-27-2024, 09:09 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by ezdays - 02-28-2024, 09:56 AM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by Schraddel - 02-28-2024, 01:17 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by ngauger - 03-01-2024, 07:28 AM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by LiveSteamer - 03-01-2024, 04:32 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by Amalynn - 03-24-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by BR60103 - 03-24-2024, 06:44 PM
RE: Light And Magnifiers - by Schraddel - 03-31-2024, 05:02 AM