NW 58th St., Miami
Russ, thank you for your valuable info on US plastic bags. Seems not be so much different compared to Europe.

Josh, these garbage bags look great, but before I order any of them, I’ll try to do my own. Thanks for this great idea.

Shortliner, thank you for the link. The mattress looks great. I don’t know if I can get the kind of artist’s card he made it of, but at least it gives me an idea of how it can be accomplished.

Looks like you enjoy "trashing" my layout as much as I do Goldth . I really appreciate your help and all the good ideas. Thumbsup

[Image: m83.jpg]

[Image: m84.jpg]
Kurt
That last pic Kurt is really nice! Thumbsup
Cheers just plain Awesome picture Kurtt!! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
wow,just plain awesome kurt,your layout has such a great level of "just enough" to make it incredibly detailed (if that makes any sense Goldth )--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
2285_ Cheers 2285_ Thumbsup Thumbsup Tongue Goldth

I just plain runned out of adjectives..... Eek
Gus (LC&P).
Superb work, Kurt. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
cnw1961 Wrote:[Image: m84.jpg]

As always, superb work - that looks *beautiful* !

Smile,
Stein
Kurt---there are many talented modellers on the gauge---in my opinion,you're right up there at the top---outstanding work Worship
Thank you, it is always a great pleasure to show you my pics.

For the last picture I used the free image stacking software CombineZM to get a depth of field, that you could never achieve doing just one shot, even using the smallest aperture of your camera. This picture is a combination of four shots, all done with the same settings, only focused at different distances from the camera. To use the program is fairly easy, just select the pictures you want to combine – the program is doing the rest.
Kurt
Everything is looking great! I think the grass came out especially well!

- Dan
Kurt, the last pic looks great, I can see alot of time went into this portion of the layout, trackwork finish, the suttle mortar wear cracks on the building joints, roadwork , car weathering ... it all looks great and shows your enthusiasm. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Kurt you are doing a wonderful job! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Kurt...
There are so many things to appreciate Thumbsup ..........I'll pick just one or two:
I can well imagine the time consuming task it was to "plant" all that grass! No matter how much time it took, it was well worth it because the end results are completely realistic. The shade and height variations are spot-on as well as the believeable placement. Your choice of ballast/sandy soil material is absolutely beautiful. It is such a nice change from the standard WS groundcover that, I use and we all see, much too often. It just seems to pull it all together and helps to create both uniqueness and believeability.

Great work my friend
Steve
Beautiful work, Kurt. I think your modeling illustrates the point that everything is part of the model. How often do we model a locomotive or a piece of rolling stock down to the last detail from prototype photos, and then we use generic scenery materials, and out of the box generic structures on the layout. We end up wondering why it just doesn't look quite right. You took the time to model the structures from the prototype and to model the scenery details from prototype pictures and as a result, anyone familiar with the prototype location can look at it and say "I know where that is!"
Thank you for your very nice comments, I really appreciate it.

Russ, if someone who knows the place I am modeling would look at my layout and say that the scene looks familiar, I’d really feel honored.

Did not get much done on the layout the last two weeks. I just added some more grass, a little trash and a few details to my big warehouse. i still have to decide how to do the structures on the left side of my layout. I have to build them before I can finish ground cover on this side.

Don’t you hate it when you are taking a pic and a car comes along just the moment you press the button ... Goldth Goldth
[Image: m85.jpg]
Kurt