Trains on this day in the past:
C40-8 #2133 (ex UP 9098) was purchased secondhand 11/2010.This was one of my first sightings of this locomotive in her new CN livery taken in late March 2012.

[Image: P1070215.jpg]
cn nutbar Wrote:C40-8 #2133 (ex UP 9098) was purchased secondhand 11/2010.This was one of my first sightings of this locomotive in her new CN livery taken in late March 2012.
How time is flying by...
Not a train, but this is a project we were doing on the Kiski. There was a dogleg in the track around an old signal so we decided to take the long week end to straighten the track.  We just laid some new ties down and cut and threw the track.  We did it in 2 days with nothing but hand tools.    
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Not a train, but this is a project we were doing on the Kiski. There was a dogleg in the track around an old signal so we decided to take the long week end to straighten the track. We just laid some new ties down and cut and threw the track. We did it in 2 days with nothing but hand tools.
Charlie

And a lot of pulled back muscles, I bet... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
And a lot of pulled back muscles, I bet... Goldth

Actually by this time we had learned how to do things with leverage. One of the fellows that helped that day was a naysayer..kept saying we couldn't do it. Once the first rail was shifted without unbolting he kept saying he couldn't believe it..He became one of the best volunteers I had, but was always amazed at what we could do with so little.

The thing that surprised me was the little bit of rail that we had to remove. I would have bet 10 feet to begin with, it turned out to be 10 inches.

Charlie
First coal train loaded at the Logansport, Pa mine on the Kiski Junction. 2 years ago.    
Charlie
Southern RR of NJ March 29, 2011

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie B Wrote:And a lot of pulled back muscles, I bet... Goldth

Actually by this time we had learned how to do things with leverage. One of the fellows that helped that day was a naysayer..kept saying we couldn't do it. Once the first rail was shifted without unbolting he kept saying he couldn't believe it..He became one of the best volunteers I had, but was always amazed at what we could do with so little.

The thing that surprised me was the little bit of rail that we had to remove. I would have bet 10 feet to begin with, it turned out to be 10 inches.

Charlie

Aaahhhh...The old axiom still applies...."Give a man a lever and a place to stand on, and he can move the universe..."
Gus (LC&P).
I found this close to the Collingwood (Ohio) shops  April 1, 1978. I don't know anything about it. I cant even make out the sign on the building next to it, too many shadows.      Charlie
Southern RR of NJ April 1993

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

WOW Eek That's one of those elusive CNJ U-boats. I believe that AHM actually made a model of that... It kind of fits in with the CNJ E-8 that Walthers offered decals for, they even came with prototype drawings to show how to apply the decals to an engine that the central never had. Misngth Misngth
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:WOW Eek That's one of those elusive CNJ U-boats.

e-paw,

Sorry, but this is not a CNJ loco. Its an ex PC/CR U30B. After the sale of the Shore Fast Line to the Southern RR of NJ they adopted a CNJ paint scheme which included the Statue of Liberty herald. This loco, and a GP9 were painted in the red scheme. A GP10 has the same scheme but done in blue. The U30B was sold in the late 90's.

Bruce
Indiana Box Car 2097 in Negley, Ohio April 4, 2009 on the Youngstown and Southeastern.      Charlie
I know bdw, Sarcasm and over the top silly voices don't translate well in text. Wink
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
A year ago in East Palestine    
Charlie