The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Morning all. Beautiful day today. Mow and chores. Tom, walking is good. I hit my all time high yesterday. My Samsung app on my phone said I walked 11,517 steps which = 5.38 miles.

Hope all have a great day.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning all, and happy Cinco de Mayo, the 5th of May. Just like on St. Patrick's Day where everyone heads to the Irish bars, today hordes of people will be flocking to Mexican restaurants and fiestas to celebrate. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Saturday, and they were already getting ready to celebrate with music and dancing that night. It's a shame we came so early, I love Mariachi music, but then again, I hate crowded restaurants, that's why we go early.

We've got yet another nice day in store for here. They've taken the rain out of the forecast, but we had a good amount Sunday and yesterday, some areas more than here, but we're OK with what we got. A bit cloudy out and only 65 this morning. Looking forward to target shooting tomorrow, weather still in the 80's and a bit breezy. In another month, it'll be so hot that it will take the fun out of going. Even then, we go early enough to get a few hours in before it gets too hot.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 55, rain expected.
Did some errand voted no on a terribly written tax proposal and now I'm in for the day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

It's another in a long string of gloomy days today. Just had another rain shower pass through with more on the way. Right now it's 61 headed for a high of 75.

Had a decent workout at the gym yesterday. After that I called credit card company. They told me I could either close the account and apply for a new one for myself or simply leave it as it is. Sounds a little weird to me. I may call back today and try someone else. Yesterday afternoon and evening I took time off from all my recent activities, Went out for dinner and rented the movie Interstellar. Really good for those who like science fiction. With an empty house I listened to it a little louder than I would have in the past. Fun.

Today is father-in-law's 89th birthday. I'll call him later but it won't but a fun call. Then it's back to the grind of dealing with things that must be done.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider
Afternoon. Busy as a cat in a cream factory. Eek Sunny and hot. Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Chief Eagles Wrote:Sunny and hot. Later

Sunny and humid here with an intermittent breeze. Been putting my time off to good use, yard work and sorting the clutter in my garage.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 with rain outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s again. Weather people are talking about some really nasty weather for Sunday afternoon and evening.

Not much to report today. Yesterday was pretty quiet and today looks to be the same.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider
Good morning all. Nice day yesterday, we went target shooting early. Yeah, we left around 6:00 and instead of stopping at one of our usual places for breakfast, there is a truck stop at the off ramp were we get off to go to the range, so we decided to give it a try. We now have a new place to eat and it doesn't matter what time since they're open 24/7. The food can't be bad at a truck stop and it wasn't. It was pleasant shooting, no one else what there except a bunch of flies, but we had fun regardless. Temps still in the 80's and a possibility of rain tomorrow night through Saturday morning, again, depending on who you're listening to at the time...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning all. Pretty day here. Just got back from Mayor's Prayer Breakfast. Today is National Day of Prayer. Back out the door for more things.

Tom, hope you don't have any bad weather.

Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good Morning Blue
Sunny and 80 today.
Our morning excitement was a cop rear ended our neighbors parked car. Hit it so hard the car ended up in our driveway approach.
Claims he was looking for his water bottle. Quite a hit for a 25 MPH residential street.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 54 with a brief respite from the rains. High for today will be around 70 (so they say).

Rise and shine, you sleepy heads! Busy day ahead. I need to stock up on groceries. Then a trip to the gym. This afternoon will be more work on My Fair Lady's affairs. This evening I'll be going to dinner with older daughter and son-in-law. I'm pretty sure they're trying to help me commemorate what would have been My Fair Lady's 65th birthday. Tough mowing the yard yesterday with all the bridal wreath in bloom. Always reminds me of her.

Frank - I'll definitely be watching the weather and plan to keep my head down.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider
Good morning all, and I hope the start of a fine weekend for you all. Unseasonably low temps for us for the next few days. Norms run in the low to mid-90's, today it looks like we won't get past the mid-70's. We also have a chance of rain. Not complaining mind you. Thumbsup I feel for all those folks dealing with the effects of those tornadoes and floods. Mother Nature must be very upset for some reason. Punishing those in California with droughts and those in other areas with more rain then they can handle. We have seen any number of people suggesting a huge water pipeline running from the middle of the country to the west coast in order to equalize things 35 Let the feds latch on to that one and they'll spend billions and billions of dollars and decades just to do a study only to conclude that it would probably do more harm to the environment than good, but they'd vote to keep the project on the table just because they've set up a bureaucracy in Washington that now employs thousands and they have no way of shutting it down Nope ....Hey, that's the way our government works Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning. Sunny and real warm. Storms on the coast but nothing here. Got a luncheon and then help Wifey haul plants for garden club's plant sale tomorrow. Tomorrow I go to the HS and judge the Cow Patty Bingo. I follow the cow around the football field and watch for her first deposit. Then tell which square she deposits on. Winner $500. Ticket sales goes to boosters club.

Tom, behind you all the way. God bless and bare with it. A great way to honor and remember. Have faith. We can't "see over the hill" but the Lord has it all planned.

Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 "Cow Patty Bingo"........

that's one of those games, that is played ........ "Excrementally" Eek Wink 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy now but skies are clearing. High for today is supposed to be around 70 with light winds. Looks to be a nice day. Then storms move in tonight and most of the day tomorrow.

Frank and RT - keep your eye on the weather. Looks like you have some nastiness moving your way.

I did get my shopping done yesterday morning but that's about all. As soon as I got home the phone started ring and was busy all day. Many family and friends called to ask how I am doing. Yes, it was lonely yesterday but I've know for a year what was going to happen and have had to function pretty much without My Fair Lady for the last three months. I'm down to thinking about her only about a million times a day.

Went to supper with older daughter and son-in-law. Had a really nice time. It was good to get out and talk about something besides estate matters.

On tap for today is getting the new Shay lubricated and having it run for the first time. If I get energetic, I may get the oil changed on both cars also.

Right now I'm going to make some blueberry pancakes. Y'all are welcome to stop by but just a heads up - I will NOT be serving grits.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)