Posts: 5,263
Threads: 195
Joined: Apr 2009
Good morning everybody. Lunch is over and we are packing for a week of vacation on the island of Mallorca. We are exited what we will find there. It is a very prominent vacation destination for Germans but we have never been there before. Some say it is a beautiful island other say it is an awful crowded place full of stupid tourists. We will see....
Lunch was just a slice of bread with all the residual food in the fridge that would not make one week more
Reinhard
Posts: 4,553
Threads: 100
Joined: Dec 2008
Mallorca, is the "Big" island, and the port city of Palma is a beautiful place. That said,
"others say it is an awful crowded place full of stupid tourists."  because it is a beautiful place, it will probably BE full of tourists.
It has been an "age" since my last Mediterranean Deployment with the U.S. Navy, but my memories of Palma de Mallorca, are all pleasant. I truly did enjoy the beauty of the place.
That said, ........... places like that are almost always full of tourists.....sometimes, they aren't as stupid as one might think.
Hope you can have an enjoyable visit there.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Posts: 2,567
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2008
Morning all. Super hot for here. Suppose to be record highs through tomorrow. Mayor's meetings until late.
FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.
Cloudy, 70, and rain. Not the best way to start the day..
Yesterday I put bug killer on the yard so tha today if the rain lets up I can sit on the patio without getting eaten alive. No major plans for today.
All stay safe.
Tom
What did you use? Thanks
Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541 American Legion NRA Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Posts: 2,029
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2008
Good Morning Blue
Sun and 77, storms expected later as usual. It's becoming a daily event.
I said it before. Let's see what happens if all those stupid tourist and snowbirds stopped going.
No pans for today...Our outdoor event video is on the OGR website or our Detroit3railers website. I don't know if that's allowed here but it came be removed.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Posts: 240
Threads: 24
Joined: Apr 2010
Morning! 80, muggy, supposed to rain later (hopefully). I am sitting in a repair shop -- new brakes after a year. Front rotors wore down too far to be turned, so new rotors needed, and two new calipers on the front. $440 Not too bad. I am paying about $180 more than if I did the work. Part store prices: $90 for rotors, $120 for calipers, $40 for pads, $10 for hardware kit, plus I don't get a warranty like from the shop. Not too bad considering I would also have to purchase some tools to get the rotors off, and now I won't be swearing like a sailor while trying to fix the car.....  Hope all of you have a less expensive day!!!
Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Posts: 4,656
Threads: 62
Joined: Dec 2008
Chief Eagles Wrote:What did you use?
Cutters Backyard Bug Control. It comes in a gray bottle that connects to your hose for easy spraying. Unfortunately, the spray bottle is worthless. I did some research and found that the product can be used in any convenient garden hose sprayer. Set the sprayer at 1 oz per gallon. I use a Weed-B-Gone brand sprayer. Some years the spray last for up to three months. With all the rain we're having, I don't expect it to last more than a month to 6 weeks. I bought it at Menards. I'm sure you can find it at Lowes, Home Depot, and probably even Walmart. Hope it works as well for you as it has for us.
Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains
Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Dinosaur Rider
Posts: 12,037
Threads: 579
Joined: Nov 2008
Good morning, yeah, it's still morning here. Until around October, we're running on Pacific Time, or basically, we're one of the few places in the US that doesn't use daylight savings time. But, it's not even 11:00 yet, and we're at 101 outside. Our A/C is running it's little head off, and you could expect. High today is forecast for 112. It took a while to find that out though, my weather channel desktop just has a mind of it's own. Yesterday it went completely flooie and I couldn't even set the right towns to view, and today, as usual, there was not data. Oh, the ads usually still show, but no weather info.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Posts: 2,572
Threads: 63
Joined: Dec 2008
See, Don, if you guys would just save some of that daylight, you could use it this winter when the snow and ice come.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Hello all,
Been a hot and wet day today, Flooding to the North and nitrates(fertilizer) washing down stream and into some of the city's water supply.
Other strange happenings here in Ohio, Xenia Ohio best known for it's frequent brush with tornadoes over the years had somewhat of an interesting disaster lately.......... A semi-trailer wrecked and spilled it's load.........over 2000 piglets got loose last I heard they are still trying to catch them all. This was in the local news for 2 days.
Went to stake n shake today for lunch/dinner, great fries and shake, burgers seemed to have shrunk the patties a bit.
Posts: 12,037
Threads: 579
Joined: Nov 2008
Good morning all, remember the movie where someone said, "They're hereeeeeeeeeeeeee"? Well, they are indeed here, "they" being some really high temperatures. Yesterday did hit 112, today we should be at 113 and it goes up to 114 and 115 after that. That could mean new records for today and a few other days this week. Mother Nature treated us well so far this spring, reasonable temps and even some rain, but now we're back to our normal battle and "excessive heat warnings". Yeah, this was the month that we dealt with temps in the 120 to 122 area back around 25 years ago. I remember walking to our car and the parking lot felt like it was made of marshmallow, kind of squishy under your feet.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Posts: 2,567
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2008
Another hot good morning. 101 forecasted. Hope the weather does not do damage to those in the storms' paths.
Mayor's show videos this afternoon.
Tom, thanks for the info.
Later.
TCA 05-58541 American Legion NRA Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Posts: 2,029
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2008
Good Morning Blue
80s today and we are finally seeing the sun.
It's been days of clouds and rain. While others have none we have had more than enough for now.
Come August there probably won't be a cloud in the sky. Wow half of June is gone already. It's not fair that the summer months are so much shorter than the long winter ones.
My only plan for today is a dinner outing with granny.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Posts: 4,656
Threads: 62
Joined: Dec 2008
Greetings, gang.
Partly cloudy and 72 already this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s.
Yesterday I rode the bicycle and mowed the yard. Today's activities are as yet undetermined but will include some track repair on the Backyard & Southern.
All stay safe.
Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains
Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Dinosaur Rider
Posts: 2,029
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2008
Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
Gonna get cloudy later as usual.
No special plans for today.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Posts: 12,037
Threads: 579
Joined: Nov 2008
Good morning all, yeah, kinda hot these past few days and it's not getting any better. Today's forecast is 115, tomorrow and Friday's is 116. That will be new records for those days if it happens. The TV stations are all priming us for the monsoon season by showing old video of flooding and rescues from vehicles. You would think that since this was a newscast, that these were photos from the past day or so, but for I recognize them as photos from years past, that, plus it hasn't rained here in about a week now.. I guess these are tricks that they use to keep you awake during their newscast since the news seems to be the same every day any more. Most often it can become so depressing that I wonder why I'm watching in the first place.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
|