Trains on this day in the past:
January 2, 1979. P&LE began running a second train into Pittsburgh. Here it is preparing to leave College Station at Beaver Falls. My good friend Joe Jack and I rode this train into Pittsburgh.
     It was doomed from the start (IMHO) because it dropped the passengers and headed back west immediately. If you were going shopping you had to catch the late train home at 5PM with all the regular commuters. They tried it for a year.  The rate for a round trip commute was $4.40 a day but the PUCO would not allow a rate increase but would allow the train to be discontinued in 1985.  At the time I don't think you could park for less than $10 a day in Pittsburgh, and today the rate in many places in Pittsburgh is $10 an hour.   Nope    
Charlie
The KJR 7135 Alco S-1 in new fallen snow. January 3, 2001. Schenley, Pa[attachment=20816]
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

SDP45 6699 westbound at Summit Cut, January 1978.     Charles
A C40-9w heads this west bound of empties at Creek Road east of Columbiana, Ohio on 1/5/2010.    
Charlie
A NS GP38-2 shoves a string of tank cars at Paulsboro, NJ on January 5, 2010.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce, the weather there was sure better than ours. Icon_lol
Charlie
Charlie,

Is that a bad thing? 357

Bruce
January 6, 1978. East bound headed with an SD45 waiting a recrew at East Palestine, Ohio    
Charlie
NS 5276 at Millville, NJ January 6,2008

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

A clear day on January 7 1978. An Alco C425, Ex PRR under the old Neeld Road Bridge with a high and wide train westbound.     Charlie
GP38-2 8018 leads an eastbound freight toward Conway January 8, 1978. 17 miles to go    
Charlie
A NS GP38-2 switches tank cars at Paulsboro, NJ January 8, 2010.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

The Erie Railroad station in Lisbon, Ohio. January 9, 1977    
Charlie
Charlie,

Not to side track you too much, but would you happen to have any shots of the Trailvan trains? In particular, good shots of the flatcar and trailers? I've been having a difficult time identifying the appropriate kinds of equipment I'd need to model such a train.

I figure most of these diesel hauled trailvan trains in your pictures were underwire not long before or after you took the pictures of them.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Chris, what years are you modeling?
Charlie