Trains on this day in the past:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x SNOW!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
A pair of CSX locos at Tuckahoe, NJ on its way to the BL England power plant in Beesleys Point.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Continuing west with ATSF 3640 (GP39-2) in the lead on 2/16/1978. Still blizzard conditions in our area. We will probably never see that cold again, wait, it's even colder today.  Eek
    Charlie
2/1978 B&O GP9 6599 leads this East bound through Chewton (across the Beaver river from Wampum) toward Ellwood City, PA on the P&W branch. Second unit is a brand new B23-7     Charlie
A trio of first generation diesels leads a train into the New Castle, Pa yard in February of 1979.

Charlie
I don't remember for sure if it was warmer than today, but since we were almost at a record low this morning with 3 below  0 F I think it was.
A CSX train Eastbound coming into  New Castle, Pa on the old P&LE. A quick crew change and it will be on the move again    
Stay warm and safe everyone.
Charlie
Feb 20, 1977. My future brakeperson on her first locomotive, and on a footboard too. These were gone shortly after this picture was taken. It was cold and the local crew had just been picked up by the helper set rather than wait for a taxi. The locomotive is on the ground too. 19 years later we were running the KJR.    
Charlie
Well at least there's less snow in its pic..
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Steve it was just darned cold. The poor crew was half frozen and a taxi was about 3 hours away. I took coffee for them and at least they warmed their hands a little. There wasn't much heat in that locomotive. The helper set was there in 15 minutes, running light heading for Alliance, which is where the crew was from so all in all it worked out swell.
Charlie
A CSX C40-8W in Conrail paint heads a four engine light move from Camden, NJ to Philadelphia, PA on February 22, 2010.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

The Bessemer F7's at Kaylor, Pa. Feb. 1979. Everything is gone now.    
Charlie
A Chessie GP40-2 leads this train into the New Castle, Pa yard. In February, 1979. It is leaving the P&LE.    
Charlie
Pavonia Yard power, Camden, NJ February 24, 2009

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Westbound at Rochester in 1978.     
Charlie
A B&O train eastbound on the P&LE crosses the Conrail Bayard branch at Bridgewater, Pa. February 26, 1978    
Charlie