Branch line/ISL
lajry Wrote:Since you don't have a siding in the switching area guess you'll always have to shove the cars there. All switches there are facing point except one trailing point. Those cars will have to be behind the loco.
Andy, in the most recent revision (I know there's a lot), all turnouts are facing the same way. This most recent revision is pushing/shoving to industry only. The return of course will be a pull.
Thanks
NSHO
Started the build on my manufacturing plant. I was hoping to glean some inspiration on what will be manufactured. I'm leaning towards leasing the space to a packaging outfit. Manufacturers of plastic containers and specialty. Hoppers in. Boxcars in/out. A few pictures...

The structure is made from 3/16" foam core board. It'll get a paint job and some minor detailing in the near future. If it turns out well enough, it'll become a permanent fixture.

Thanks
NSHO
Coming along NICE. Looking forward to more

ratled
Modleing the Jefferson Branch in HO  on the Southern Pacific
NSHO Wrote:.... I was hoping to glean some inspiration on what will be manufactured. .....
That is getting nice. I use the famous NNWII corporation in case of lack of inspiration for manufacturing site. Works great for me.

ps. NNWII = Nobody kNows What It Is 357
Reinhard
Was looking at a past MRR mag Aug-Sept 2014 and liked the brewery they created. This will fit nicely at the end of my run.

The grain unloading track can double as switching spots.
Thanks
NSHO
Question NSHO.Is your layout higher than the work bench or are they the same height?
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:Question NSHO.Is your layout higher than the work bench or are they the same height?
Same height. It's not necessarily my workbench. Its a space that was just left over from removal of trackage. I'll probably remove the foam board up to the staging track and just work on cars, engines and minor layout repairs here.

I'll take a picture of that side of the layout as soon as I get all the crap off of it.
Thanks
NSHO
You might run into clearance problems switching spots A,B, E and F when you have cars in spots C and D.
Rscott417 Wrote:You might run into clearance problems switching spots A,B, E and F when you have cars in spots C and D.
That's a possibility. The scenario may have to play out with either an engine running light or pick up any empties at the brewery while switching other indsutries. See in this picture where a few cars could be spotted whilst switching. I moved the corn syrup buildings down an inch or two for clearance.

Thanks
NSHO
If you're going to have car spots on the middle track (C and D) try using a three way switch, it'll help with the clearance also.
Rscott417 Wrote:If you're going to have car spots on the middle track (C and D) try using a three way switch, it'll help with the clearance also.
BRILLIANT!!! Cheers I'm only seeing Peco and Shinohara on w3.MTS Does this 3 way switch come in the Atlas flavoring?

Thanks
NSHO
Not sure about atlas but I have a walthers dcc friendly 3-way switch. It was a little pricey but I all my switches are walthers dcc friendly, it's worth it to me that the frogs are already powered and they're basically "plug n play".
NSHO,I was going to suggest that you scenic the area and just call it the end of double track or passing siding and run the tracks to the wall but put a full width highway overpass butted against that wall to hide the ends of the track.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
NSHO Wrote:....Does this 3 way switch come in the Atlas flavoring?....
I had a Peco 3-way on my layout and it was a prefect match with my Atlas code 83 tracks.
[Image: file_zpsd3f2a53a.jpg]
Reinhard
Rscott417 Wrote:If you're going to have car spots on the middle track (C and D) try using a three way switch, it'll help with the clearance also.

sorry to drop in the question but may I ask about the clearance issue? I'm not quite clear what the problem was and how to avoid it. As I'm doing my own planning and follow this thread for inspiration I thought I might learn something by asking:-) hope you and OP don't mind!

Thanks,

Steve.
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful