The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Morning all. Main job yesterday was to grill chickens for a big crowd of family here. Beautiful day here. Meetings today. Prayers for Tom and his wife.

Enjoy your week ahead.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Agawa Canyon one day trip is a great ride.
When we rode it years ago it was a daily run and no reservations were needed.

Good Morning Blue
We have sun & clouds back and forth. 60 is the Hi for today.
Already out and back. A trip to Harbor freight. Love the free stuff but actually bought something today.
No toy train news.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Chief Eagles Wrote:...Prayers for Tom and his wife.

Enjoy your week ahead.

Chief, do you have any updates? We are all concerned.

Good morning all. Nice day for the first day of baseball. Yup, strange as it is, the Arizona Diamondbacks move from spring training out east of Scottsdale, to playing for real in downtown Phoenix, about 20 miles away. Some people must be delighted that they don't miss a beat with their baseball fix, but that's their passion. I was reading where it was possible to spend close to $200 for a box seat (whatever that is) to a spring training game between the Giants and Dodgers, but then, I see in this morning's paper where a visitor is complaining because tickets to sit on the berm (I'm guessing past the outfield) for their favorite team had a 40% increase this year to $8.00, (but only if they didn't buy advance tickets). I'm glad spring training games are over and that baseball traffic is now heading downtown and off of Bell Rd. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Well,

the day started off with rain, went to Aldis to pick up more red Lobster cheader bay biscuit mixes regularly $1.99 a box they were marked down to $1.29 they were a special buy for Aldi but Kroger has them as well at a higher price. You have to add the cheese to the mix from a block of cheese shredded and you have to make the butter/seasoning and pour over after baking them it is real easy to fix these and they taste just like from the restaurant. Got an oil change on sisters car long over due. And finally picked up my new glasses(trifocals :ugeek: ) I can now read a book with out the telescoping arm bit 2285_
ezdays Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:...Prayers for Tom and his wife.

Enjoy your week ahead.

Chief, do you have any updates? We are all concerned.

Gang, they need your prayers.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good Morning Blue
Cloudy, probably will rain.
41 degrees.
That's all folks.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Chief Eagles Wrote:Gang, they need your prayers.
Understood.

Good morning all. A bit chilly out right now, temps in the very low 50's this morning and highs forecast below average and in the high 70's. No complaints though, it's just plain nice out. Even next week when we'll be back in the 90's isn't so bad, around here anyway.

For those of you that miss our chat room, we are hoping to add one back when we do a software update in a few weeks. We'll keep you all posted when we schedule that.

Ahh, the Diamondbacks lost their season opener to the Giants last night. If you read the "Drabble" comic strip, you'll see that today he gave up on his team after they lost their first two games. How fitting.... :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning all. Showers earlier. Sun in and out. Got in my 2 miles. More showers suppose to be on the way. CPA and taxes at 1.

Prayers for Tom and wife.

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
I'll be leaving for New Jersey, the morning of the 15th, and be back home early afternoon on the 18th, for my Brother's services, and interment. I may not be able to post here during that time, the board won't allow me to log in from my lap top. :?: :?: :oops: Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I'll be leaving for New Jersey, the morning of the 15th, and be back home early afternoon on the 18th, for my Brother's services, and interment. I may not be able to post here during that time, the board won't allow me to log in from my lap top. :?: :?: :oops: Icon_lol

Yeah, I have to question that as well. Can you access anything else on the Internet? As long as you can access Big Blue using a hot spot or other Internet connection and have your password, you should be able to log in from any device including smart phones. If we go overnight somewhere, I always take my laptop and can log on using the hotel's or some restaurant's wi-fi.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning. Showers around and here. I can access this forum from "smart phone" and laptop. Seems once I had to go to accessibility in IE to get another forum to work. Its in your IE options.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning all. Today we have some sort of cold front that moved in. Eek Highs to be in the high 78's, well below the average for this time of the year. Fear not, I think we can leave the jackets in the closet though. The good thing, no A/C yet and the furnace hasn't kicked on in weeks. Thumbsup

Still trying to organize my train room and find a place for everything that was packed away. The big thing is that I still haven't a clue as to where the box is that has all my gravel, ballast, ground cover and other stuff for making scenery, and there is no chance now that I'll ever find it. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don:
I'm looking for a mostly-built station that I packed about 2 years ago; I found the box and the remaining bits. I misplaced a whole town's worth of buildings for a while.

Do twin-coil switch machines still exist? (The NJ International type, with lots of contacts) My LHS said no.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning everyone. A bit chilly out right now, but temps are right about normal for now. They've taken the 90's out of the forecast, but that could change before I finish posting this. They have no mercy when it comes to weather forecasting and it seems to change at the whim of the forecaster (or possibly how well they paid attention is weather reporting school)....

BR60103 Wrote:Don:
I'm looking for a mostly-built station that I packed about 2 years ago; I found the box and the remaining bits. I misplaced a whole town's worth of buildings for a while...

I would hope that would be the case with me, but the box I lost is rather large (about 2cubic feet) and should be fairly heavy with all that gravel and ballast in it. I've looked in every corner of the house, the garage and our storage sheds and found nothing. I'm hoping one day I'll walk into my train room and trip over it. Worship I can only think that somehow it got carted off to the landfill along with my layout and a lot of other stuff. :cry:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning. Showers earlier. Last night oldest daughter had big hail storm [she lives 8 miles north]. Broke 6 windows and knocked holes in siding. Vehicles in garage. Roof probably has to be replaced. Neighbors cars beat up so bad probably totaled. We had nothing but wind. Ours, rain was earlier this AM.

Meeting today. Then get grass carp for pond.

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)