The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning Blue

David the only factory that made the NJ type coil machine burned to the ground a few years back. Others say it was from a flood. take your pick. Either way it's gone.
NJ says there is talk of a new company but nothing has been done. NJ is a husband/wife operation, I see them once a year at April York.
Thunderstorm over night stronger ones are forecast throughout the day and into the night.
No train news.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning everyone. A beautiful day in store for here, but not so in other parts of the country. The news is full of bad weather. One town in Illinois was wiped out completely from a tornado. Our prayers and thoughts are with those people affected by this. I can only imagine what it would be like to lose everything, your home and everything in it...gone. I can only think of how blessed we are here. Yeah, I frequently complain when it hits 115 or it hasn't rained here for three months, but I guess I shouldn't after seeing what happens in other parts of the country. Hurricanes along the coast, tornadoes in the Midwest, lots of snow and rain up north are just a few weather conditions that we're lucky here not to have to deal with. I wish all those that do have to deal with this, the best, and that others escape the wrath of weather like this.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning. Had T'storms from 10 to past midnight. Last line had some small hail in it. No damage as I can tell. Just loud. Sunny and 69. May have more this evening. One part of the county last night had 5" of rain in a short period. Prayers for tornado victims. Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Spent the better part of last night watching the weather, and the progress of "the" Tornado.
We had Severe thunderstorm warnings for the better part of the evening, and a Tornado warning while the "newsmaker" was on the move. The 12 who survived by hiding in the basement of "Grubsteakers" the restaurant that was destroyed, were extremely fortunate. There were many who didn't fare so well.
I understand the meaning of the term "Wedge Tornado" now.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hello Blue
No tornado here but boy did we get downpours of rain.
Right now we have 25/30 MPH winds gust to 40 and a temp of 50.
No train news, sorry it's just a crazy weather day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Not so good morning/evening,

As I got ready for bed foot felt numb and tingly looked at it with out a sock and toes up to midways of calf were swollen but no pain, blood clots run in the family so I panicked went to urgent care location that that was open till midnight got there at 10:30 pm no wait but doc said I needed to go to ER and get a sonogram on leg but urgent care does not have one she called the closest hospital ER they said that department closes at 9:00pm. went to the hospital ER closest to home it was 12:00 midnight and was there 13 hours before a doctor even looked at my foot and leg. The sonogram showed no clots or any other obstructions but foot looked like it was about to pop. No injuries or other apparent cause for swelling and was discharged 3:30ish and got home around 4:00pm swelling has gone down a bit. Waiting room was full of unhappy campers the person ahead of me was there from 7:00pm and was still there when I left. I think I will go laydown and elevate my foot and hope it is good enough to go to work at noon shift Saturday.
Morning all.

Swelling in foot has gone down, will take it easy till time to go to work.

Grass is tall and green here lots of rain last couple days.

No new train activities last couple days.
Partly cloudy and warm. Possible severe storms did not come as forecasted. Did not rain a drop. Not griping. Even weather person on 11:00 news apologize for telling us for days it was going to happen.

Town stuff all day. Never a break.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
good day all , this morning was a stinker - wet and windy , its dried up now and the sun is trying to break through .

remember our ill fated local level crossing ? , well as you know when its windy the motors struggle to push the gates open and closed , now some bright spark from them that know better than us 35 , sent the men down to remove the 3inch lath's (them bits of wood painted red and white) and replace with 1 inch wide ones - I can see the reason behind this Thumbsup - lets hope it reduces the wind brake effect .

Alan
Good evening all,

It was a wonderful beautiful day weather wise spoiled only by having to be indoors at work Icon_lol Foot is almost back to normal best I can tell is maybe it was something I ate did not set well. The most unusual thing I ate before the swelling was some pollok , sea food does not bother me for the most part, and I pretty much avoid salt anyway.

Work was a quick uneventful ordeal today same stuff different day.

If no rain for a few days may fire up the grill, some hamburgers from the grill sounds good a little onion powder, garlic powder and some lemon pepper for seasoning a big old slice of red onion and a good sized tomato slice. Popcornbeer
Injuries suck. I threw my back out again last Tuesday and I am finally about 90% after three visits to the chiropracter. Totally blew my spring break. The only good thing, I suppose, was that I had to take it easy and i got some stuff done on my layout. Ah well, back to the grind on Monday. 72 days until I leave for Austria and Germany with 23 of my students and some parents!

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Good morning all, hope your weekend is going well for you. Thumbsup Here we are just a bit after 5:00 and it's pushing 60 already. Temps for the week are a bit above normal, high 80's, low 90's. You know that summer isn't far away when newspapers, TV and radio stations are having, "guess the time and date for the first 100° of the year" contests. The earliest on record was March 26, so there's no record there, and the latest was on June 18, not too likely to happen this year. It's been a long time since I can remember some dodohead trying to fry a egg in the sidewalk here. Crazy There was always some reporter that was new to the area and wanted to show the folks back home just how hot it gets here. Well, sometime around June and July you can do it, but what they don't understand is how rookie it makes them look, and the difficulty of cleaning it up afterwards. Nope

Glad you guys are recovering from your injuries. That foot thing sound weird, like maybe some allergic reaction or something.... :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning all. Sunny and windy. Prayers for Tom and wife. Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Only 5 minutes left to be able to say "Good Morning" , so......there you have it Wink Wink
Sun's bright with some high thin cloud, haven't been out to feel the temperature yet, looks like a good day for a "neighborhood walk". Big Grin
( getting a little tired of the same old stuff, every day at the nearest mall. But, it does allow the daily walks even if there is a blizzard going on )
The April issue of "Wooden Boat" Magazine, has some interesting information on Great Lakes Sailing Ships, with photos of a couple of Three Masters ( Terns ), one of them with a load of cut lumber stacked on deck.
I've already decided that the next sailing ship for the modules will be a Tern, and that lumber load is impressive.
The December issue has photos of a 50' wood hull,luxury power yacht, . . . another, Wink project ? Wink

Maybe not right away, Summer is "just around the corner" Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter,

Sound like an interesting project, you may have to make some more modules to expand the water to hold your growing fleet Icon_lol


Speaking of model boats, clever models has a DVD of printable models(cardstock) of a water front including a small cargo boat I have the O version DVD. Also been thinking about the next step in the Ruby Belle towboat that would be the pilot house.

Still working on the Huff n Puff kits, I have the first flat truss rods(black thread) installed the other three flats are going to get their rods made of small diameter stiff wire as the thread is hard to work with.

I have another order of custom decals coming soon from a different vendor. The box car will get the "Over rivers and threw woods the BFT carries the goods" tag line. Then I will be on the lookout for generic freight car data decals.

The laser cut kit station will be progressing right along as soon as I print up the 2 last remaining wall coverings and paint up the details(most are white metal castings).

The On30 bash project(s) on the back burner for the moment along with the coaling tower(90% done)

I am going to see a machinist tomorrow about having some S gauge wheels(steam drivers) made 6 of them 4 flanged and 2 blind for a scratch build loco I am planning on making sometime this summer.

As soon as I get all the above except the loco done I a will more than likely take a brief brake from modeling trains so I can build the Enterprise bridge from the original series always wanted the kit when I was younger and now they are reproducing the kit. Anyone who is interested I will update in the all other hobbies thread and maybe on the starship modelers forum.

The weather today cool and sunny not a drop of rain. The grass is lush and green(and tall) Wallbang


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)