Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Was a cool cloudy day until a few minuets ago. We had a stiff breeze and a nice soaker of a rain now cool and sunny out here.
Chief, doctors get sick too. Sounds like a good physician to call up and apologize for not being there, most would have the receptionist just reschedule the appointment with no explanation.
Street is being torn up for some gas utility work. The construction equipment woke me up earlier than I wanted.
Posts: 3,262
Threads: 115
Joined: Dec 2008
Good morning all!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then its windy and rather chilly this morning.
Yesterday I changed out couplers on my new Atlas/Trainman Family Line cabooses and painted the wheel faces a rusty color-I use rail brown for that.Looks odd to see C&O Magor cabooses painted up in Family Lines but,they are good looking cabooses.I can live with that until somebody produces a correct SCL caboose in plastic..
I shall have a cup and look over da forum.
Have a good'un!
Larry
Engineman
Summerset Ry
Make Safety your first thought, Not your last! Safety First!
Posts: 12,037
Threads: 579
Joined: Nov 2008
Good morning everyone, hard to believe, but we're one month into spring. Still some heavy weather in parts of the country, and now we have an early fire season to contend with. Sometimes you have to wonder why all this has to happen. For us here, we're running just a bit above normal. We're in the low 90's for another few days, then around 80 and rain on Thursday and Friday. I guess I can just about guarantee that to happen since we just ran both our vehicles through the car wash.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Posts: 212
Threads: 5
Joined: Aug 2014
what a cracking day shorts and T shirt  , not bad for April - this is England remember !!!
take care all .
Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Good noon all. yesterday it was cool and wet today it is sunny but very cold strong wind gusts supposed to be done by 8:00pm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made my first step to scratch building a locomotive 1.) finding wheels suitable for the model
I will not be posting progress as I intend on submitting an article to a magazine when done and it will be a long drawn out process with some basic machining to be done.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other projects will continue as able namely the RR station and the flat car kits from Huff N Puff, once these are complete I will be taking a brake to start on a non train model that I have been itching to build sould be a short build so I can get back to the On30 kitbashing and RubyBelle projects.
Posts: 2,458
Threads: 57
Joined: Dec 2008
AF350 Wrote:Good noon all. yesterday it was cool and wet today it is sunny but very cold strong wind gusts supposed to be done by 8:00pm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made my first step to scratch building a locomotive 1.) finding wheels suitable for the model
I will not be posting progress as I intend on submitting an article to a magazine when done and it will be a long drawn out process with some basic machining to be done.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other projects will continue as able namely the RR station and the flat car kits from Huff N Puff, once these are complete I will be taking a brake to start on a non train model that I have been itching to build sould be a short build so I can get back to the On30 kitbashing and RubyBelle projects.
All that sounds a lot like work...Remember...We are into this for FUN...
Gus (LC&P).
Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,458
Threads: 57
Joined: Dec 2008
I know what you mean...Sometimes I think that workin' on the railroad is more "work" than work...
Gus (LC&P).
Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Good evening all.
Did not get much done today other than chasing down trash and recyclables that the heavy wind knocked over blew down to almost end of the street
Posts: 4,655
Threads: 62
Joined: Dec 2008
It's over.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains
Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Dinosaur Rider
Posts: 267
Threads: 12
Joined: Dec 2008
Very sad news Fiat fan.
Our condolences and heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family. There will undoubtably be some very challenging times ahead, you cannot lose someone with whom you have shared your dreams and have loved for so long not to feel the pain. We will think of you often, and pray with you. I 'm sure that your friends and family will help you through these hard times.
Always remember and rejoice in the good times you had.
May she now rest peacefully.
God bless. Amen.
Jack and family
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Posts: 3,262
Threads: 115
Joined: Dec 2008
Good morning all!
Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then its windy with rain-a down right miserable morning..Yesterday afternoon I lazed about and read a Ralph Compton Western novel and when finish I recharged my Kindle Fire..After supper I watched Vignettes of the Erie-Lackawanna Vol. 2 ..A lot of information can be found in these types of railroad DVDs.
I shall have a cup and look over da forum.
Have a good'un!
Larry
Engineman
Summerset Ry
Make Safety your first thought, Not your last! Safety First!
Posts: 12,037
Threads: 579
Joined: Nov 2008
FiatFan Wrote:It's over.
You and your family have our condolences and prayers for your loss. If there's anything anyone here can do to help you get though this, just ask.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Posts: 2,567
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2008
Tom, so sorry. You have been a great trooper through this. God bless.
Sunny and cooler but nice. Been two busy Mayor days. Hope to get some "home" chores today. Got to mow again due to all the rain.
TCA 05-58541 American Legion NRA Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Posts: 1,475
Threads: 44
Joined: Dec 2008
Fiat fan sorry for your loss.
|