The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Tom, all went fine in the end. She walked out at 5:15 on 5/15 as planned. Wifey's family is always a mess in getting to a point. Then it seems to "jell" right at the last.

Sleep tight all.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning all. Yeah, it's good to be back on line. One major hiccup took us down for the best part of a day. We still plan on adding the chat room and TapTalk this coming Friday, but those are add-ons and we will not have to reload the basic forum software like we did this time.

Our rain has left us, normally here, May is a dry month so this past week's rain was unusual, but welcome. Temps have been way below normal as well. Normal for now is in the high 90's, records are all around the 110 mark, but we've been down in the 70's and 80's for highs the past week or so and don't see that changing until next week. I can just hear them in the boardroom of the power companies, "we need to raise rates again, people aren't using their A/C because it's still cool out". :wait: They've done that in the past when the told everyone to cut back on their power usage and when they did, they raised rates because they weren't making enough profit. :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome Back Blue
I was afraid computer challenged Jimmy would be lost again.
But all is well it seems.
A nice warm morning with the windows open.
Unlike some who need rain I am tired of it.
Most likely by August when we need rain everything will be wilted.
No major train news this morning. I will probably do some veggie planting tomorrow.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Morning. Beautiful day. Things are growing.

Have a great week ahead.

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Chief...
Sorry about Miss Edna... I know you went to her store often.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Our little Open House went off well yesterday. Our "Village" has under a thousand units and we had 6 layouts open. There were 20 names in my visitors book and I know some of those were in larger groups. Another member reported 30.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. The next scheduled appearance of 60+ temperatures is Thursday. We're supposed to be in the 50s 'til then with lows in the 30s and 40s.

Earlier this spring I put some weed and feed on the lawn. All it did was feed the weeds. I tried some other stuff late last week and it is definitely working. On tap for this morning is a trip to the grocery store for milk. I'm making chicken for supper and need milk to make the gravy. Also need to stop by the local Social Security office to see if I need to file separately for the death benefit. They were able to stop her SS payments easily but I don't know if the benefit is automatic also.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider
Morning all. Beautiful day out. Full Mayor's day ahead. Over late tonight.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning everyone, the start of a new workweek for most, just another day for us retired folks. Temps for the next week or so will still be in the low 80's to mid-90's, well below the average and not even close to some of the records, most run around 110 up to 112. No sweat, for now anyway. Beyond that, not much happening, been straightening out my train room some more, Put away a lot of stuff and it doesn't look like the pile gets any smaller. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good evening all.

Other than work I have been staying off my feet and have not gotten around to trains for awhile. I have a goose egg shaped bump on the bottom of foot in the arch right where the old bone spur is. Same foot that was swelled up a while back but this time it hurts a constant sharp pain. Will be seeing a foot doc for sure. I do not think I can avoid surgery on foot if it is the bone spur causing all the pain. If I am not around as much I am just staying off my feet for awhile.
Best of luck AF!! Foot pain is never a good thing. Let us know how you do at the docs.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Greetings, gang.

Downright chilly this morning at 37 degrees. High for today is only supposed to be 56, only a few degrees above the normal low. Global warming, anyone?

Not much accomplished yesterday. After supper I went to the local mall just to get out of the house for a while. When I got home the phone rang. My grandson was in town for his job and wanted to know if I wanted a beer. Heck, yes! He was a real life saver last night as the walls were really closing in on me lately. It was great to get out and talk to someone.

Not much on tap for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Dinosaur Rider
Good morning all. A/C kicked in yesterday afternoon, the first time in over a week. Things are warming up, but not heating up like it usually does around this time of the year. We'll see how long that lasts.

AF, I agree with ngauger, good luck with that, bone spurs aren't nice to have, especially on the bottom of a foot.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning all. Partly cloudy. Lake house and mow. Rush back for meetings.

AF, prayers for the foot. Never had [hope to never have] foot surgery. Don't think it would be fun.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and maybe 60 today. Yesterday it was 85.
A trip to the nursery this morning, for plants not babies.
It was easy to see that prices were up and quantity was down.
Kinda like the grocery store, pay more, get less.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)