Duffy's surgery is today
Just to let you all know, my son Pat, (Duffy our webmaster) is undergoing open heart surgery this morning for a valve repair. It is rather a routine procedure for the doctor, he is the best in town doing it in the most advanced OR, but if you're the subject of that procedure, it's a bit more serious that just "routine".

Anyway, all prayers will be appreciated, his wife is there and will keep me posted on what's going on and I in turn, will keep you all posted here. The surgery starts at 8:00 (MST) this morning and will take 2 to 4 hours.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don - prayers for you and your family. Medical issues concerning one's children is terrifying, not matter how "routine."

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
By all means our prayers and best wishes go out to him. May he have a speedy recovery!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Don, 
      Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I pray it will go well and be a complete success. 
Charlie
(03-11-2022, 07:19 AM)ezdays Wrote: Just to let you all know, my son Pat, (Duffy our webmaster) is undergoing open heart surgery this morning for a valve repair. It is rather a routine procedure for the doctor, he is the best in town doing it in the most advanced OR, but if you're the subject of that procedure, it's a bit more serious that just "routine".

Anyway, all prayers will be appreciated, his wife is there and will keep me posted on what's going on and I in turn, will keep you all posted here. The surgery starts at 8:00 (MST) this morning and will take 2 to 4 hours.

Don i had the same thing done at the VA in Tucson other than feeling like I was run over by a mac truck it went fine improved my health  , hope your sons goes the same .
Jim
Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
An update. He is out of OR and doing fine. He apparently had the valve replaced, meaning he'll be on Warfarin for life. A small price to pay for how his life will improve after this.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns, he still has a long road to recovery, so I'll keep you posted when I hear anything.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Great news Don. How long will they keep him in the hospital? 
Charlie
Awesome news Don!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Right now he is shaking off the affects of the anesthesia, he is on a ventilator until he fully wakes up. He will be in the ICU for at least one day, I'm guessing right now, probably won't get out of ICU until Sunday. He's scheduled to come home on Tuesday. They can't take him off the ventilator because he stops breathing when he goes back to sleep, so he is still in need of prayers and God's hand at this point. The good part is that according to his wife a half-hour ago, he is waking up for short periods. They really must have knocked him out good.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I am praying for Pat, Don. Thank you for the update.
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Thinking about your son Don---stay positive---better days are ahead.
So the Flatt Bear is flat out.

Hope he stays up.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(03-11-2022, 08:33 PM)BR60103 Wrote: So the Flatt Bear is flat out.

Hope he stays up.

Yup, Flatt Bear is flat on his back and will be so for a while. He is suppose to be walked around after he wakes up, but that hasn't happened yet. His wife says that he is still in and out of sleep, but wake long enough to recognize her and know where he is. This apparently is normal for someone that's been sedated for as long as he was. She had to leave because of strict vising hours, but says that he is coming along slowly.... which is good.

I thank you all again for keeping him in your prayers.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello,

read this first in the morning of the next day.
My prayers the surgery will run without any complications and my good betterment wishes for him. And a quick recovery.

Lutz