! ! ! ! ! Pennsy Power ! ! ! ! !
post 46

Pennsylvania railroad L class, mikado type 2-8-2.
Here I can only post photos of Penn line locos. I haven't found a brass one yet.
**** The PRR L1 Mike.

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
post 47

*********Side views of L1's

This Penn Line L1 Mikado is a factory assenbled and painted ready to run locomotive.

Athearn USRA light Mikado. I changed mine to show the PRR L2sa mike as Pennsy detailed them.

Pennsys L2's pilot is different than USRA with the relocating of the headlight and generator to standard PRR location. The generator to boiler top foward of the smoke stack. Headlight to top of smoke box door. Marker lights of the pennsy style to front pilot foot plate, outside edges.

The tender rear had the addition of a pyle headlamp for backing up at night. Marker lights were mounted on outside rear corrners of tender deck.
I can't phost a photo here because only three can be posted on a message. You can look at my thread on " Redeatailing a Athearn USRA Mikado" . The photo of the Pennsy conversion for the tender is posted their.
Some nice K4s & L1 locomotives. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
post 49

A Pennsylvania railroad K4 on the turntable.

post 50

A PRR Mikado in Frankford yards awaiting dispatching.

post 51

A GG! speeds over the Snake Gultch's two track lift bridge in route to the locomotive serviceing area.

PRR PA1 and a PRR FA2
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

You guys have a lovely line of steam engines here. Smile I'm planning to get a Bachmann 0-6-0 if I can find one. I think it's one of the few steam engines that could negotiate 18" radius curves(I've read in Model Railroaded that someone used one in 12" radius curves!). Are there other steam engines, perhaps from Bachmann, that could go thru 18" radius curves?
http://www.balcos.net
Michael Balcos
Hell-bent model railroader in the Philippines Smile
The Spectrum Baldwin 2-8-0 will easily handle 18 inch radius, the IHC 2-6-0 mogul and I think most 2-8-2 mikado's will handle 18 inch ok. I think most 4-6-2 Pacific types will also handle 18 inch radius. For slightly bigger power units the Mantua articulated 2-6-6-2 loggers should handle 18 inch radius.
Toptrain - you have a nice collection of older models.

I especially like the first page - the B's - as an indication of how far production model detailing has come (Gilbert and Hotco vs Proto 2000)
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
I would assume that the PK2 0-8-0 would also handle them with ease. And it's a beauty of an engine..!! 2285_
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I would assume that the PK2 0-8-0 would also handle them with ease. And it's a beauty of an engine..!! 2285_

I think any plastic steam engine with 8 or less small drivers would handle an 18 inch radius. Northerns probably need 22 inch due to the drivers and therefore the wheel base being larger. I think mountain types are probably similar to northern types.
[Image: IMG_0772cr.JPG]
post 59

Pennsy class M. the Mountain type. 4-8-2.
The Bowser Mountain M1a
The Broadway Limited Mountain M1a
The Broadway Limited Mountain M1b

post 60

The Pennsy M1,a brass model