PC Photo
April 1, 1978 Collingwood shops
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Love them switchers!!! Thumbsup
Ralph
The car lot on the left of the train was the Ford dealership where I was parts manager for 9 years. The truck with the cap was one of many demos I drove. It was nice not having payments and upkeep on a vehicle. I left there in Jan. 1983.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

These F7's are helpers on an east bound truck train. East Palestine, Ohio 1976
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a cool shot Charlie. Is there any quickie way of noting from the exterior if a PC F7 was either a former Pennsylvania or an NYC unit?

Ralph
According to smellycat the NYC units didn't have lifting rings on the front of the units. I don't know whether the D&RGW units had them or not. A few of them made it to black PC paint. He says there were only 6 PRR units that made it to PC
Charlie
Ralph Wrote:That's a cool shot Charlie. Is there any quickie way of noting from the exterior if a PC F7 was either a former Pennsylvania or an NYC unit?

Ralph

Didn't all Pennsy F units have those large lift rings on the nose?
-Dave
Charlie B Wrote:According to smellycat the NYC units didn't have lifting rings on the front of the units. I don't know whether the D&RGW units had them or not. A few of them made it to black PC paint. He says there were only 6 PRR units that made it to PC
Charlie

Charlie beat me to it... LOL I gotta be faster!
-Dave
Well, I would have posted a little sooner but one of my dogs asked me to take him Oooooouuuttt. He has a sound that sound like out he makes when he has to go, and he sure did. Goldth
Charlie
If I had to pick another era to model, I think it would have to be Conrail Apr 1976, to 1979, with all the different motive power and rolling stock. I saw so many things many of which I didn't get pictures. This consist is a good example. Everything is gone now, including the "BUCKEYE" crossover.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie, your so right. I missed getting any photos of the merger but you never new what was coming down the tracks when you heard those horns.
Lift rings. Right. I forgot about having heard that. Thanks!
Here is a picture of an FP7 with the lift rings.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

I seen a short clip of this film but I can't remember what forum I seen it on. Here is the full video. It is about 30 minutes long.

Inbrief: Penn Central 1974 - The Movie
"This is the movie commissioned by the Penn Central Railroad bankruptcy trustees to try to convince members of Congress that the railroad desperately needed a cash infusion or some other federal intervention if the railroad were to survive.

Below is the link to the website were the video is. Just scroll down the page and click to watch it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trainweb.org/horseshoecurve-nrhs/index.htm">http://www.trainweb.org/horseshoecurve-nrhs/index.htm</a><!-- m -->
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Isn't that film something? Look how bad we are! Some of the scenes of wobbling freight cars are scary. Smile
Ralph