E8 and GG1 finally pulling in...

[Image: P3140081.jpg]

[Image: P3140083.jpg]

[Image: P3140073.jpg]
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Those look great Mark. Thanks for posting, I'm sure you have made Ralphs day.
Charlie
They sure do look great in PC color.... but ill pass on all that steel and iron. ( EAT sign, refer to last photo) 35
Harry Check out my blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/">http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

I didn't really see that till now. 357 I'll speak to the camera man to strive for a better angle next time. Big Grin

[Image: P3140078.jpg]
Mark

--and--
Charlie B Wrote:Those look great Mark. Thanks for posting, I'm sure you have made Ralphs day.
Charlie

Got that right! What a great consist! I'm really admiring that E8. The extra realism of saying the train is "finally pulling in" made me smile. Thumbsup
Ralph
Kato really did a great job for both the E8 and GG1. My only complaint is the actual PC emblem isn't as white as I remember...but one could argue that the only time that PC was ever white was when it left the paint shop. Other than that, they're the typical high quality, smooth running, Kato product. I feel the nose light is a bit too bright, but that's a Digitrax issue, not Kato. They run smoothly, pull together well, and sure look nice with the PC passenger car set.
Mark

--and--
Herc Driver Wrote:Kato really did a great job for both the E8 and GG1. I feel the nose light is a bit too bright, but that's a Digitrax issue, not Kato. They run smoothly, pull together well, and sure look nice with the PC passenger car set.
Mark, there may be a way to dim that bulb using a CV adjustment. You might want to as on the DCC thread if you don't have the instructions.
Charlie
That's a good idea...and one I certainly need to learn. I admit, I can program my planes computers and know how to fly two very different types of aircraft with their various systems, but have trouble programming CV values with a Digitrax Zephyr. 35
Mark

--and--
Herc Driver Wrote:That's a good idea...and one I certainly need to learn. I admit, I can program my planes computers and know how to fly two very different types of aircraft with their various systems, but have trouble programming CV values with a Digitrax Zephyr. 35
I know exactly what you mean here. These DCC manual writers seem to use more "Geek Speak" then a nuclear power plant programmer. Icon_lol
Charlie
I completely blame all you PC guys for giving me the "bug" to buy up some PC equipment. All of you who post those great looking old photos and PC models. This was all a plot to grab other railroad modeler's attention and imagination and bring us over to those all-black, white labeled engines. But, I'm wise to your ways. I have resolve, and determination. I won't be swayed away from my NS/Southern modeling roots. Hey...wait a minute...Atlas is going to release a Penn Central RS-11. That all-black scheme looks good on that engine. Yep...I need that one. Drats! Foiled again! Where's the number to my LHS so I can order that one.....
Icon_lol
Mark

--and--
Where's my HO E8 and RS11!!!???!!!! Wallbang
D'oh! I didn't realize there were no PC E8's in HO. Ouch!

I like the lines of that RS-11...looks like a little bit of everything was welded together to make it.
Mark

--and--
I'm jade green with envy of you N scaler's access to such fine locomotives. Smile
Ralph Wrote:I'm jade green with envy of you N scaler's access to such fine locomotives. Smile

That's a good one... Cheers

I've been waiting a while for models like these from the manufacturers. And I've already discovered that in this hobby, if you don't buy what you'd like when you see it...it's gone, and maybe won't be made again. So as much as I can afford, it try to get those engines that I really admire and want to see run (or are such a great value that I can't pass up). So I feel your jade-rage... :mrgreen:

Now...I need to decide if I want to add any weathering to the GG1 and E8...
Mark

--and--
Weathering is a tough call for me when it comes to very nice models like that...although you could drop an entire jar of brown paint on the PC E8 and probably find a prototype photo that matched its appearance! Goldth

OK, maybe I'd risk dusting the silver vent screens, adding a little dirt color to the trucks and the lower front of the nose. I mostly use chalks which can be more forgiving.

Ralph