Layout Pictures
foulrift Wrote:Tom-the layout is 2'x8'. I'm not sure if I have a copy of the plan but I'll check.

Hi Bob --

Last plan of your layout I have seen (I think) was version 12, from Feb 2008 - I suspect you have made a few changes in the sidings since then, since you have room for the roads etc ?

Here:
[Image: foulrift14.jpg]

Smile
Stein
Thanks Stein-Indeed there were some changes,especially on the lower part but that's close enough. Thanks
I like the plan and I like what you're doing with it! Thumbsup Keep up the great work! I also agree that the over-pass is a sweet looking separation.
Steve
Thanks Steve. Sadly to say I don't have a current track plan diagram.I may have deleted it.The one shown is one of the earlier versions that Stein and I were kicking around. There were a lot of changes made since that one was done.Bob
Great looking layout! Thumbsup
Here is an attempt to sketch your current plan, based on knowing your earlier plan and looking at your pictures. Not sure it is 100% correct, but should be closer than the old one I posted.

Edit: slightly reworked image
[Image: foulrift_new2.jpg]

Smile,
Stein
That is looking good! The overpass is a great scene break.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Matt-Thanks for the comment.I appreciate it.
Stein my friend,that is great looking.Looks like it's all there.It's amazing how you were able to capture the plan from photos and past plans. Thank you.I appreciate it. Bob
I like that plan also.
When do you start cutting lumber?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I'm sure it is going to be a nice looking layout. Please keep us posted. 24
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Thanks for the replies.Please refer to the pictures at top of page1.The layout is well underway.The track plan (#2),was drawn by Stein from those photos because another poster wanted to know if I had a track plan handy,which I didn't.
I am in the process now of tweeking the track,removing unwanted ballast from between the rails,touching up the paint on the rails and making sure that the turnouts are working smoothly.A couple of them are a little stiff after ballasting.
As more progress is made I will be posting new photos. Bob
steinjr Wrote:Here is an attempt to sketch your current plan, based on knowing your earlier plan and looking at your pictures. Not sure it is 100% correct, but should be closer than the old one I posted.

Edit: slightly reworked image
[Image: foulrift_new2.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Hi Bob --

Just thought you would get a kick out of this - I reused your plan (with some adaptations) for drawing up a possible plan for a pretty urban switching layout for a friend in Germany. This is what the plan ended up looking like (Federal Street Road Overpass should have been just Federal Street Overpass ...) :

[Image: federal_overpass03.jpg]

BTW - I really liked the pictures in your backside photos thread (although for a second I wondered about what "backside photos" might be about .... 35 )

Grin,
Stein
Stein-your revisions using my plan looks real good.The only thing that concerns me is the upper right track serving the brewery and the other two industries.Aren't you creating a fouling point there? It looks like one of those tracks would have to be empty before moving cars on the other track.
Bob
foulrift Wrote:Stein-your revisions using my plan looks real good.The only thing that concerns me is the upper right track serving the brewery and the other two industries.Aren't you creating a fouling point there? It looks like one of those tracks would have to be empty before moving cars on the other track.

It is a pretty tight fit up there. There is just enough room for a short switcher and a 40' freight car between the switch and the loading dock for the brewery, as long as there is no more than two cars at the brewery loading dock track. No problems as long as there is just one car at the innermost end of the brewery loading dock.

Mainly, I decided to do it that way because the guy the design is for really liked the published design "Federal Street Yard" - which has this style industries (except it has two industries on the switchback and and three on the end that could only be reached after a switchback move). 1 + 2 seemed better than 2 + 3 :-)

Smile,
Stein
Now that makes sense. Hope your friend likes it.