I need a little help
Thanks Steven and Russ Misngth

Russ i knew it was either the BNSF or UP mainline that ran through there. I see them both lashed up running intermodal trains from the ports going inland alot when im over there. I guess UP is "leasing motive power" to BNSF? lol

And yes that is the LHS, Milepost 38. He had to move his shop from the actual Milepost 38 when they needed room to build an overpass over the tracks, so the entire shopping center where his shop was was torn down to make room. I havnt been over there in a long while, i wonder how thats going lol. His new shop is just around the corner from his old one, and it is still fairly close to the Milepost 38 marker, but you cant railfan and shop at the same time anymore Nope Wallbang
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Russ, here is where Milepost 38 used to be, dead center of the screen pretty much, as you can see, no more shopping center of where Milepost 38 Trains used to be lol

[Image: Picture2.png]

His new store is located just southeast of the old location. It is the square building in the top right of this next picture. Im not sure, but i think his new location used to be a bank, there is what looks to be like a drive up ATM that has been blocked and bricked off, and his walls are cinder block as well lol

[Image: Picture1.png]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
We have quite a few members of the module railroad club who live in Yorba Linda or Brea who do most of their shopping at Milepost 38. I live just over the border in L.A. county so it is a bit of a long run for me.
Unfortunately, choosing a railroad like the BNSF to model , gives you two options. Huge yards or long stretches of double track mainline between the huge yards. Most of the smaller yards in between are handled by regional operators. I would suggest the Seattle, Tacoma, Portland areas if you are interested in intermodal trains. All three have container ship docks. Longview, Washington is served by BNSF and has some smaller sized dock facilities and a lot of log ship traffic to the far east. By the way, I see CSX loco's on BNSF trains out here in the northwest, so you are covered there.