Rebuilding and digitalizing a brass gasoline rail coach
Some how I missed this thread,, very nice job on the rail car.. Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The useage which you describe is certainly acceptable.

modelsof1900 Wrote:First of all, such a rail bus and also this model will/must run in forward direction chiefly. So my wished lighting idea should make a sense. I let run the bus as an extra and it must have white classification lamps at front. Because I have at end two red lamps marking the train end (and I can unlit them when an additional car will be hooked on) so I must not use additional red marker lights at end.

When running front end forward, the headlight and class lights (white) will be lit, and the marker lights at the rear will also be lit (red). The class lights at the rear (white) will be off. When pulling an additional car, the red marker lights on the bus will be off as well.

modelsof1900 Wrote:The absolute exception will be a backward run over the line. This will be an “extra” in each case and than I should have also two white classification lamps at end of model. The model has got a red backward run lamp at front after last modification and so this “train” will be secured at and by a (one) red lamp.

When running with the rear of the bus forward, the headlight on the front of the bus and the class lights (white) will be off, and the single red marker light will be lit. The class lights (white) on the rear will be lit and the two red marker lights will be off. I don't recall if there's a back-up light on the rear of the bus, but there should be and it would be lit (white).

modelsof1900 Wrote:The third case will be switching the rail bus. For this case white front and back lamps are shining an all red and marker light/classification lamps are unlit.

This is one possibility, but another is to have the headlight/back-up light on only in the direction which the bus is moving at the time. The headlight/back-up light on the other end would be either off or dimmed. When the bus reverses direction, the light which was on would dim or go off, while the dimmed or off light would come on. All other lights would be off.

Wayne
Doc, thank you very much for your help!

I will try to realize what I can do. I would wish to have two-color LEDs shining white and red. However those are not available as micro LEDs and I do not know if such LEDs exist in greater dimensions. I think with three color leds will this be to realize again. However here I must drill holes with a drill bit no. 60 in three directions into the marker lamps - through the markers for front and back lenses, from the side and from below for inserting the LED. I hope that there will be rests of material which are looking how marker lamps. However all the holes will not give enough room for two LEDs. I think that I should it realize your ideas by using white LEDs in the markers including the white front and back head lamps and also the two red back lamps and the one red back-up lamp at front. However the use of dimmed white lamps at rear side (in both directions) while switching is a very good idea - here in Germany all lamps in front and backside must have been full lighted while switching - in the steam time. Today's lightening rules could be changed.

Thanks - and I will present my results here.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.