Big day for June 21st in more ways than one...
Yep, June 21st... Have a

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

1990_dancing 1990_dancing 1990_dancing 1990_dancing 1990_dancing 1990_dancing
To all us dads out here. may your railroading dreams come true.

Also, for those that are not aware, it is the:

SUMMER SOLSTICE
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7

You bet, that means it's the first day of Summer folks and you know what that means. It's also the first "official" day of the:

BIG BLUE STRUCTURE CHALLENGE.
train train train train train train train train
If you're not registered yet, today, June 20th is your last chance to get in on the fun so let me know and I'll add you to the list. Just go to
for details
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I can understand the need for a deadline for the end of the challenge, but find it restrictive to have one for the beginning. I wouldn't mind entering, but it's unlikely that I'll be doing much modelling until the end of August, if even then. Still, not difficult (or unusual) to start and finish something in a week or so of 12 or 15 hour sessions. Enrolling now, though, and finding that I won't have even that "last minute week" would look like I wasn't "up to the Challenge". Maybe next time. Goldth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I can understand the need for a deadline for the end of the challenge, but find it restrictive to have one for the beginning. I wouldn't mind entering, but it's unlikely that I'll be doing much modelling until the end of August, if even then. Still, not difficult (or unusual) to start and finish something in a week or so of 12 or 15 hour sessions. Enrolling now, though, and finding that I won't have even that "last minute week" would look like I wasn't "up to the Challenge". Maybe next time. Goldth

Wayne
Wayne,

In the spirit of the "challenge", I think we've always allowed last minute entries up to the closing bell before. The idea of a "start" time is to get everyone going at the same time so they can have enough time to do the project and to post progress pictures. Even then, we gave everyone the opportunity this time to even start a couple of weeks early if they chose to do so, I'm fairly well into my kitbash but haven't posted any progress pics yet, but they're coming soon. Icon_lol

Anyway, you've been with us long enough to know our "rules" are kinda like your aunt's crocheted doily, really loose knit. 357 So of course, if you want to jump in down the line, why not, there's always room for another soul, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. Welcome It just means that you'll have to work a bit faster and harder than the rest of us, that's all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I find myself leaning towards Dr. W's point of view....Having recently completed the April challenge, I'm in kind of a "funK', not doing much train-wise, and can't tell for sure when I'll get my hands dirty again. Like Wayne says, once the spirit is willing, most anything can get done, but don't want to commit and end up being a "no-show".... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
Gee, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse. I just said, "last chance to get in" to get as many people committed at the "official" start of the challenge. As long as there's no real prize at stake (and there'll never be one here except a certificate and pride), we've always let people enter our challenges anytime. We just thought it would be clever to have a "summer" challenge start on the first day of summer that's all. 35 Sometimes we are too clever for our own good. :ugeek:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Quote:In the spirit of the "challenge", I think we've always allowed last minute entries up to the closing bell before.
If I am to enter, it would have to be "last minute". The local transporter is down, and the shuttle schedule is somewhat lacking, so my work on Kodiak (     ) is getting behind schedule.
I do have a kitbash/scratch that might qualify, but, it will have to wait until this project is posted as complete.

On this first day of summer, this longest period of daylight, to all the fathers out there, Happy Father's Day!!! Cheers Popcornbeer 219
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!