E-paw's kitbash summer '09 challenge
A masterpiece! The care of assembly and attention to detail really shows!

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
Thank you all for your complements. Just a few more finishing touches and it will be complete.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Ok e-paw that is only a little corner of a big layout. It is very nice where do you go from here?
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Easy dad 35 ,,you've seen the place,you know the plan any time ya want to come by and lay some track just let me know... Nope

This will be coming to a close very soon. Just a few more things. But here is a few pics of what I've added.

As you can see I added some storm drains from brass tubing and Woodland Scenics water effects, and a few fishermen.

I also placed a crewman on the operators platform.

Here is a view of the apron in place with the float in dock.
Here just one more. A view of the operation from the port side looking at the river. (and the back yard)

Steve im stunned! That is awesome! The approach to that looks sweet! beautiful work Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
-----------------------------------------------------(speechless)
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
That is some mighty stiff competition... well done!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Steve a layout is something that is never completed untill the day you break it down to start again.

That is from the writeings of the great trainman named, "The Great Trainman".
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
I 'am working on some utility poles to bring power to the apron.

They are made from some 1/4 inch dowels cut to a scale 50 feet. They were distressed and notched for the cross arm, then stained the same as the sea wall. The cross arms are from strip wood, and there supports are cut from thin brass. The insulators are the heads of some sewing pins with a drop of glitter glue on them, one or two need a second cote. I think I'll use real wire for the conductors. some phone wire with the insulation striped off should be the right size.
This project has also come to an end. The last step was to add some power lines and a chimney to the apron. This is the last pole where the power lines end and go down a conduite and underground into a utility cabinet.    

From there they run off into the distance and off the edge of the layout.    
I figured that the operator should have a stove to keep warm on those cold Pennsylvanian winters, so railroad management saw it fit to give him one. You can see the caboose style smoke jack sticking out of the roof.    
This is the fun phase (for me at least) - adding the little bits that make sense (like your smokejack idea) that will go a long way toward the overall level of detail, or perceived level of detail.

Great work!! Thumbsup

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
few final pics.    

some more.