Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR
Caught GP40-2 & RP-E4C at cresson yesterday.

Attached Files Image(s)

Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
NS stone train 66K with 50 cars in the siding at Winslow, NJ June 17,2011

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

9387 East through Cresson, Pennsylvania on 6-15-2011.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

I had a great morning railfanning the Col/San area here in Bucyrus.

After 2 freight trains NS OCS train showed up and rounded the Northeast connector on its way to Creatline and Conway.

[Image: 011-8.jpg]

[Image: 012-5.jpg]

Then a real rarity.A NS train rounding the Southeast connector heading East toward Crestline and another one about to head around the Northeast connector heading toward Bellevue.

[Image: 014-5.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
And I was just across town from Larry:

[Image: 5887188771_bea1571595_b.jpg]
NS4271BucyrusOH6-29-11 by railohio, on Flickr
Oh....WoW..!!!

'Nuff said.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
And I was just across town from Larry:
---------------------
Yeah,that's no man's land..They watch that area due to the propane tank.

That picture of the 2 NS trains rounding the connector was my last shot..My camera died and made a weird high pitched screeching noise..I got to get a new one.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Brakie Wrote:Yeah,that's no man's land..They watch that area due to the propane tank.

When I was there it was five man's land...
railohio Wrote:
Brakie Wrote:Yeah,that's no man's land..They watch that area due to the propane tank.

When I was there it was five man's land...

LOL! Yeah,railfans do go there and no one bothers them..I went there once and was told to move along nothing here to see.

There's another public area in the Crossroads industrial park by the lake.This is better for afternoon and evening shots-I suppose cloudy mornings as well-since its on the West side of the tracks.A telephoto lens or zoom will help unless one want to hike half way around the lake...

After talking to my neighbor lady about by camera she wanted to take a look at it..She took the thing apart,cleaned,adjusted and here's the result.

She's a retired camera technician.

[Image: 003-27.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Photographed at Danville, KY, July 9, 2011, and looking a bit worse for wear is this former Conrail GP-38-2 in Operation Lifesaver paint.     And a rear view showing yellow cab door and missing paint on hood     Here's NS 7700 an ES40DC running as the DPU unit on 22A     And finally a classic former SOU GP38-2 high hood working the West Yard on TD-02    
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Nice pics!! i always liked the Operation Lifesaver Paint Schemes... Big Grin Big Grin Thanks for posting!!! Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Nice pics!! i always liked the Operation Lifesaver Paint Schemes... Big Grin Big Grin Thanks for posting!!! Big Grin
You're most welcome. I was tickled pink to see that former Conrail in the Operation Lifesaver scheme. Shame they did such a crappy patch job on it; but since it was on a train headed for Birmingham, AL, next time I see this unit, it will most likely be black and white!
Ed
Great photo's Ed. There is only about 73 or 74 active Conrail units left in blue yet. They are fading very fast into the NS paint. I caught one tonight in Lilly, Pa heading east on a mixed freight
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
LiveSteamer Wrote:There is only about 73 or 74 active Conrail units left in blue yet. They are fading very fast into the NS paint.
Yep, it's been a while since I've seen one of these still wearing its Conrail blue around here...    
Ed
Elkhart, Indiana:

[Image: 5957944048_6aae05a2d1_z.jpg]
NS8424ElkhartIN7-16-11 by railohio, on Flickr