Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR
It's uncommon to see NS power running through Bayview Eek ---I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the flooding along the east coast of the United States.This train passed Bayview around 1:30pm yesterday ,ran through Hamilton heading east towards Fort Erie---does anyone have any further information :?:

[Image: P1080926.jpg]
Nice photos there Ed.

Todd
cn nutbar Wrote:It's uncommon to see NS power running through Bayview Eek ---I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the flooding along the east coast of the United States.This train passed Bayview around 1:30pm yesterday ,ran through Hamilton heading east towards Fort Erie---does anyone have any further information

I cannot imagine any detour scenario resulting from the hurricane that would put Norfolk Southern trains through Bayview. Whatever detour could be engineered that way would be way too long for priority traffic and way to expensive for the rest.
Looks like a regular CN freight:

328-31 Montreal to Ft Erie CN8894-NS87 91-NS8863-NS 9173
A couple of odds and ends from Danville, KY, Sunday Aug 28th, 2011
NS 5318 EMD GP38-2 in fresh paint on Northbound 116     KCSM 4548 GE AC44CW on Southbound 167     Finally one that we named Old Smokey departing Northbound on 112. Was really throwing the black smoke and thought sure I was going to get a shot of flames shooting out the stack, but my timing was off and it was throwing white smoke when I took the shot. Unit obviously has a cracked cylinder or other problem and we were surprised that they let it leave Danville    
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
railohio Wrote:Looks like a regular CN freight:

328-31 Montreal to Ft Erie CN8894-NS87 91-NS8863-NS 9173

Brian---thanks for solving the problem of the mystery train,how were you able to find out this information Eek ---I haven't been able to find much information on CN's scheduled freights Nope Here's some more pictures of the NS diesels in this consist

[Image: P10809273-1.jpg]

[Image: P1080927-1.jpg]

[Image: P1080928.jpg]
Hot rails at Col/San on a foggy summer morning.I really blew a once in a blue moon photo when NS whoa up 2 trains at East Col/San's Whetstone Street signals. Wallbang

This was a very busy morning.

Here's the first train beginning to take the Northwest connector..

Note the old PRR position signals.

[Image: 025-2.jpg]

As the first man is rounding the connector the second man showed up taking the Southeast connector.

[Image: 027-1.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
9151 leading a East bound mixed freight on the Conemaugh Line at Salina Pennsylvania, today around 4pm.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

NS train rounds the Northwest connector and heads toward Bellevue on the Sandusky line.

[Image: 038-2.jpg]

A Westbound NS train with UP power in lead.

[Image: 031.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

NS 66/67K stone train power at the siding Winslow, NJ with GMTX 9079-SD60 and NS 2576-SD70

Bruce        
Here is the NS local this afternoon at the Kiski Junction Railroad.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a couple from the past few days on NS in Kentucky.

First we have what you might call the old and the new on southbound 295 in Danville, KY, this past Saturday Oct 1st, 2011     On a prettier day Oct 7th, 2011, here's a nice clean GMTX SD-60 on train 197 passing through Georgetown, KY     Finally, here's a video for Brakie showing the southbound daily steel train 61A passing through Georgetown, KY, Oct 7th, 2011. Quite a collection of coil cars on this hot train. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37B1_0F9SgE
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Quote:Oct 7th, 2011, here's a nice clean GMTX SD-60 on train 197 passing through Georgetown, KY

I saw that train today, too, at Walton, Kentucky.
[Image: 6198955635_2e95ff0039.jpg]
NS9106BucyrusOH7-30-11 by railohio, on Flickr
Good old Col/San..Always a good spot.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry