I copied a request to this area:

by wgrider on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am
Just wandering if those that are in control of the settings if its possible to have the New Post button put up top as a sticky so that when a thread has been finnished being posted to or viewed we simply go to the top of the current page\thread and then click the New Post button. I may be doing something wrong but I'm finding I have to go all the way back to the parent directory to find the New Post button. 35
Lynn
here was my suggestion on the idea of where to put the button if and when one is created lol

"Lynn, thats really only the one thing that i kinda dont like so far of the new gauge. I find myself having to either click the back button a couple times to get back to the new posts or to click on the board index button in the top left, then clicking on view active topics or view new posts.

What do the admins think? is it possible to get a button that says new posts at the top of each page? weather your viewing a specific thread or in the main forums page. I think a good spot for that "new posts" button would be at the top left next to "view your posts" button. I know this is prolly easier said then done, but it might be something to work on" :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I would like to see a "View New Posts Since Last Visit" button at the top of the page beside the FAQ button.

When I get here I could click on that button and be brought up to date on all the activity since I was last on line. I use this option on another forum and I like it. I have the "View New Posts" button bookmarked and it's the first page I open when I log in.

To be honest, I'm surprised this option is not already installed. Too confusing the way it is, IMO.

TC
Clowning around with trains.

[Image: BusterA.jpg]
The line of links above the list of forums was only originally on the first page. These links include, " * View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics * Mark forums read". I was able to duplicate that on the other sub-forum listings. I think the "View new posts" link might fit in well to the right of "View your posts" on the dark blue bar above.

I'm adding that to my TODO list. Smile
path Wrote:The line of links above the list of forums was only originally on the first page. These links include, " * View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics * Mark forums read". I was able to duplicate that on the other sub-forum listings. I think the "View new posts" link might fit in well to the right of "View your posts" on the dark blue bar above.

I'm adding that to my TODO list. Smile

I think that would be an excellent place for it Pat Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Yes, I agree with Trucklover.

I'm looking forward to this new button.

Thank you for your consideration.

Christopher
Clowning around with trains.

[Image: BusterA.jpg]