A photo test
Just checking to see if I can post a pic here....

[Image: IMG_0568.jpg]
Wow! :o I don't recall seeing that particular view before, Ralph. Great scene.
Me too........

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I have seen that one before, Ed, but it's still a great scene. Wink Big Grin

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Wow! :o I don't recall seeing that particular view before, Ralph. Great scene.

Thanks Wayne. that's the "Lift Bridge to Nowhere" on the left. Smile

Looks like picture posting is no problemo!
Ralph
doctorwayne Wrote:I have seen that one before, Ed, but it's still a great scene. Wink Big Grin

Wayne

Yeah...I know...Its an old shot. Well...A week old anyway. And its posted on the......Other(?) site.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
That's a great shot Ralph. How does one go about posting pics? I think I figured it out, lets see.    

Gary
WHOA Ralph, since when did you have a steel mill on your layout? gosh dangit i swear i see something new every time you post pictures Eek 2285_ That looks like a awesome scene

Ed, i like the scene and the locos, the whole scene really looks realistic Thumbsup Thumbsup

jg, looks like you figured it our all right Thumbsup thats a neat picture btw Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Awesome shot Ralph!
Trucklover Wrote:WHOA Ralph, since when did you have a steel mill on your layout? gosh dangit i swear i see something new every time you post pictures Eek 2285_ That looks like a awesome scene

Thanks. Actually I've had this scene on my layout for a few years. At first I thought I might model the steel industry and make it a major theme of the layout and its operations. Then, the more I learned about it the more complex it seemed and it was more than I was looking for. I constructed the large structures quickly out of cardboard boxes and corrugated craft paper and they could certainly use some refinement. The blast furnace is made of shampoo bottles! The complex is more of an impression of a steel mill than a model and it was intended to fill a large space in a return loop that I was impatient to get "finished". Right now there are a couple of bare patches where I've removed structures to either improve or eliminate them.

The three track yard at the mill (which I used to view as a holding yard for various materials like coal and scrap to justify its existence) is looking more useful as an interchange yard for exchanges between the Penn Central and my KP&W freelanced road. I'm trying to decide if I should keep the steel mill area and improve it or create something else.

Here's some photos of the area:
[Image: IMG_0626.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0627.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0628-1.jpg]
Ralph
Ralph i really like the scene, and i cant even tell that its cardboard and corrugated craft paper Eek i really like the last pic that you posted Thumbsup :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I'm trying one too. I wish I knew how to do this. It is a little different but I'll get the hang of it.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks great to me Charlie!!
Ralph