Foamboard Glue
BR60103 Wrote:I've used green contact cement (a latex version,I think) by Lepages. I haven't done any destructive testing yet. Main problem is no lattitude in assembly, no second chances.
I use the Weldwood Non-Flammable contact cement (water cleanup, Neoprene) Also a green label. The trick to using any "contact cement", is to allow both surfaces to dry until "tacky", but no adhesive comes off when touched. Then, a sheet of paper can be laid on one piece, the second piece positioned on top, and then the paper can be slid out from between the two pieces, and.........yup!, adhesion takes place "on contact". For expanded foam, I really prefer contact cement ( Waterbase, or "Non-Flammable" ) You can also use it to attach just about anything to the foam sheet. I used it to attach basswood sheet to foam, and then sheet styrene to the basswood. It's been several years now and the bonds haven't broken yet, even with all the transports of the module.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!