S.P. route from Red Bluff to Klamath Falls?
I just received an email from a fellow member of the modular railroad club asking about this route. He has decided that he wants to do a proto/free lance model of that area for his home layout and has had difficulty finding reference materials on it. He mentioned that he has ordered a railroad atlas and is waiting for it's arrival. The only railroad atlas that I know of was one published by Kalmbach that was a reprint of a 1948 atlas, but I doubt if that route has changed all that much since 1948. I also remember seeing a video on the Amtrak Coast Starlight that featured that part of the route, but I don't remember where I saw it or who the publisher was. Does anyone here have anymore info or know of other reference materials that I am not aware of?
There are mountains of books on the Southern Pacific out there. Vic Neves and Brian Jennison are doing a series of photo books on the railroad by division, Oregon and Sacramento are already done, and Ed Austin and Tom Dill have two great books on the road in Oregon. There are, of course, many books on the road's equipment and operations, too. Don't forget to look for employee timetables, track charts, and other paperwork as well.