Clearance Sale @ Wal-Mart
I'm not really sure where to post this. Mods, please move this thread if it would be better served in another forum. My local Wal-Mart was having a clearance sale on many of their Martha Stewart scrapbooking products. What does this have to do with model railroading?

A large folding cutting mat w/ ruler grid, rulers, cutting wheels (which are great for styrene), and several other items were more than 50% off. If you're a scratch builder, you can find a use for a lot of the things I saw.

Personally,I picked up a clipboard w/ a ruler edge, which locks the piece to be cut in place. There is a track for a cutting wheel (which I also bought), for that perfectly straight cut...every time. I paid $14 for these items, normally $30. I also got the folding cutting mat for $10, normally $17.

If you don't mind the Martha Stewart logo, or the girly seafoam green color, these are some great scratch building items for CHEAP!
Tony
Cool! I will check my local Wally World.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Doesn't Walmart also have a line of inexpensive vehicles that come out close to HO scale? I believe I've read they are a good source for Norscot modern heavy equipment.

Can anyone verify?

Andrew
Awesome!! Ill have to look for it at mine as well Misngth

Andrew, thats correct, Most of the Wal-Marts have the lower end Norscot 1:87 scale Line and the Matchobox City Trucks which are just about 1:87 scale
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:Awesome!! Ill have to look for it at mine as well Misngth

Andrew, thats correct, Most of the Wal-Marts have the lower end Norscot 1:87 scale Line and the Matchobox City Trucks which are just about 1:87 scale

They also sell Malibu, and have 1/87 right on the package. I have a couple of Norscott. Wally-World also sells, Hot Wheels Fresh Cherries(Mostly 1970 and 1980) and even Winners Circle(NASCAR) are sold in HO scale also. The Norscott aren't as detailed as thier high end collectible, but they'll do nice as flat car loads and background fodder.

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Fresh Cherries was the one I was thinking of... Unfortunately WalMart in Canada does not seem to carry them. Sad

Andrew
nicely done flat 88, your right, those do make sweet loads! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
MasonJar Wrote:Fresh Cherries was the one I was thinking of... Unfortunately WalMart in Canada does not seem to carry them. Sad

Andrew

Our stores out here in Saskatchewan all seem to carry all of the brands listed below. I usually take a walk through the isle to check for new ones every time we are there. My wife just laughs and goes off to look for other things. They do seem to sell a lot of the little cars and they do replace the stock regularly. Although there are only a few options. And not everyone on my layout can afford to drive luxury cars. Smile