Name that Layout
*Update*
I had this posted at another place and I thought I would move it over here and condence it since I am leaving there. I still dont have a for sure name, but I have some ideas. Anyways, here are some pictures of the layout, old and new. Feed back is welcome and while my updates are not frequent I try to make them worth while. Enjoy!

The time Era is present, the location is the Northwest U.S. The road names are Santa Fe, BNSF, AmTrak, BC Rail and Canadian National with a little BN thrown in later. I am looking for a town name. I want to keep it vague so I am not copying a real place. I dont want to use a real name of some where so I am trying to come up with my own. I did get a good name suggestion, Granite Flats. Keep them coming.

Here are some pics of the construction.
[Image: MVC-0001F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0002F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0003F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-0006F.JPG]

On the layout I am going to have a BNSF maintenance shed for my engines. Here is the manufacture of the kits picture.
[Image: 09330000002916.gif]

Here are my pictures of the completed kit. In my version I added lights and here it is at night so you can see the working lights that were installed. I still need to detail it but wont do it till its on the layout.
[Image: MVC-001F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-003F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-004F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-005F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-007F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-008F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-009F.JPG]

Some of the detialing parts that will go in the engine shed.
[Image: 04330000001665.gif]

[Image: wooa1871.jpg]

This is some dummy freight posed for the pic.
[Image: MVC-002F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-010F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-012F.JPG]

Some bridges to be used in another area.

You may remember I was working on a engine house. You can see it in the background in its roughed out location.
[Image: MVC-006F.JPG]

Here is the biggest span bridge on the whole layout. It has since been damaged after it was put in place but it is repairable. Here is a feqw pictures before it was placed.
[Image: WIDE%20SPAN.jpg]

[Image: CLOSE.jpg]

The manufacture of the kit and its picture.
[Image: 43645204630680.gif]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535</a><!-- m -->

A picture of the helix.

Another bridge span that actually drops down that allows us access to inside the layout.
[Image: 1MVC-006F.JPG]

Some up close pictures of that bridge in train fanning style.

More on the next update. Big Grin
Combat:
I am SO impressed with everything!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
That large bridge is terrific!! Where did you acquire it??
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Here are some engines that have been aquired. Also some shots of the layout as it was then. Its funny how things change as you plan, find new items to buy and things you "have to have" on the layout.

Atlas gold with out the details installed.
[Image: atlas%20gold%20with%20out%20details%20installed.JPG]

An F59Phi with working lights and DCC and some passenger cars I couldnt pass on for the price.
[Image: F59phi%20bringing%20more%20workers%20to%...20town.JPG]

Nore bridge shots.
[Image: bridge%20shots.JPG]

[Image: new%20track%20work.JPG]

[Image: track%20work%20new%20and%20existing.JPG]

Walk through drop bridge. It works with out a hitch.......
[Image: walk%20through%20bridge.JPG]
Then the weather changed and the wood swelled.... Well we did some modifications and now it works with out a hitch. I haven't taken any new pictures but I guess I should.

Now some building updates....
These buildings are of a fire station and a Gravel company.
First up the Gravel company day and night. More lights will be added to it when its on the table surrounding the building giving it a more life like look. The building has been weathered, any guess on what I used? Do you even like the way it looks? Thanks for the comments!
[Image: glacier%20gravel%20company%20weathered.JPG]

Now the fire station. There are lights in it as well. I will show them off later.
[Image: new%20fire%20station.JPG]

Last but not least. I am going to take this boley truck and modify it so it is a service truck for my heavy equipment. I looked everywhere to find one ready made. It seems that HO scale stuff never breaks down because I couldnt find one made by anyone. If you keep an eye out for this truck you will see it in a construction scene with a large crane and a bad attempt to make it look like a repair truck. I will revisit the truck later and try to make it better.
[Image: boley%20service%20vehicle%20and%20wiking%20tractor.JPG]
Thanks for looking, feel free to leave comments.
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Combat:
I am SO impressed with everything!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
That large bridge is terrific!! Where did you acquire it??

I bought it when it was on sale. They are still available and if you look I am sure you can get it cheaper!

Here you go.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-120535</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 43645204630680.gif]
Here we have the dedication of the new fire house.

The USFS thats U.S. Forest Service, for those that dont know, was on hand too.

The building that holds the equipment does have lights in it. To bad it was daytime when I visited the station and you couldnt see them.

I have not placed this in its final spot on the layout, yet. Sad

Enjoy the pictures.....

I hate this sign.... Sad

[Image: MVC-011F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-016F.JPG]

HazMat Truck!
[Image: 5MVC-001F.JPG]

Pumper, and rescue truck. Sorry they put the boat in the way for the showing off of the equipment.
[Image: 6MVC-004F.JPG]

Small Light duty rescue truck.... For those Heart Attack calls.
[Image: 7MVC-003F.JPG]

The USFS was on hand to show off some of the new stuff they got too. Ladder truck 49 is also shown...
[Image: 4MVC-007F.JPG]

[Image: 5MVC-008F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-017F.JPG]

[Image: 1MVC-018F.JPG]

[Image: 1MVC-019F.JPG]

[Image: 1MVC-020F.JPG]

[Image: 1MVC-021F.JPG]

Thanks for looking.
I am really excited about this. Time to start laying out part of the streets and buildings.
This is the container sorting facility. We dont sort the containers themselves here, we sort the contents and ship the stuff out per the customers order towards its final destination. Think of Fed Ex or a UPS sorting facility and you'll have the idea.
Enjoy!

[Image: MVC-018F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-019F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-020F.JPG]

Here is the Fire Stations first location that I have since moved from there.

[Image: MVC-007F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-011F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-016F.JPG]

[Image: MVC-017F.JPG]

Some houses that I have to find a home for. I cant decide if I like this location or not. *Upate* I decided. This area has since become a graveyard. Look for it in future updates.

[Image: MVC-013F.JPG]

Thanks for looking
Here is the manufactures version:
Drywell Inks
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/243-401">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/243-401</a><!-- m -->
[Image: 40636203737629.gif]

Hope you enjoy my version of Drywell Ink Co.

It was changed to save space on the layout and to fit my needs.
The windows are supposed to look like, well messy with stuff on it.
[Image: IMG_0388.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0390.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0391.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0393.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0395.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0397.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0398.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0401.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0403.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0404.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0405.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0409.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0410.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0415.jpg]
Absolutely Outstanding work Daniel!!! I know your still posting more pics and progress to get caught up, just couldnt wait to comment Goldth

Im in love with that HUGE bridge too man!! I need to get me one of those, hmmmmm where to put it?

I love all the buildings and scenery you have layed out, and you really have some nice vehicles and trucks Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:Absolutely Outstanding work Daniel!!! I know your still posting more pics and progress to get caught up, just couldnt wait to comment Goldth

Im in love with that HUGE bridge too man!! I need to get me one of those, hmmmmm where to put it?

I love all the buildings and scenery you have layed out, and you really have some nice vehicles and trucks Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks. I know you have a few trucks I'd like to have. Thanks for the comments. Smile
Well, here are some railfan pics and some other stuff I took pics of. The structure you see in the background is a custom built dam that is still under construction.

Enjoy!

[Image: IMG_0498.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0509.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0513.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0514.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0516.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0517.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0518.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0521.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0522.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0525.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0526.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0530.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0531.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0532.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0534.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0637.jpg]

I HATE the road stripes and those will be redone. Crossing gates and such yet to come. A LOT MORE DETAIL needs to be done.

[Image: 001.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

[Image: 007.jpg]

[Image: 008.jpg]

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 011.jpg]

[Image: 015.jpg]

[Image: 016.jpg]

[Image: 017.jpg]

[Image: 018.jpg]

[Image: 019.jpg]

This truck/model can be obtained here. A great company at great prices.
http://www.soddersenterprises.com/
[Image: 024.jpg]

[Image: 025.jpg]

[Image: 026.jpg]

[Image: 028.jpg]

[Image: 033.jpg]

[Image: 036.jpg]

[Image: 039.jpg]

[Image: 042.jpg]

[img][http://images.filecloud.com/666207/043.jpg/img]

[Image: 049.jpg]

[Image: 051.jpg]

[Image: 056.jpg]

[Image: 059.jpg]

[Image: 060.jpg]

8-)
Nice work , really nice job on the helix or would that be a nolix.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
wgrider Wrote:Nice work , really nice job on the helix or would that be a nolix.

No that be a helix.... thats what I call it. Smile
some more great pics Daniel, the shots taken from below the bridge looking up on the train are very cool. I also like the construction, its nice to see these pics again Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Very nice work so far - I especially like that dam - any more shots of it? Is it Cast out of something or is it styrene?

- Dan
Here is a LAME video I made a long time ago. Messing around mostly. You can hear the DCC sound from the engine itself. All of the sound comes from the loco. Enjoy... Try not to laugh. Icon_lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkATbcpgeE