LBF/E&C COAL HOPPERS
hi all

i had a chance the other day to buy some LBF/E&C 100 ton bethgon coal hoppers , undecorated and unassembled. i got the cars because they looked like the walthers bethgon hoppers and well the price was awsome. anways i dont know much about these kits or the company. has anyone built them before or know anthing about them? are they a good quality kit? thanks very much for the help.

todd
hey Todd

I know that LBF kits can be quite a pain to assemble, this is mostly with the older style and run models. It depends on weather your models are from a newer run or not. ive never put together any of there hoppers but i did quite a few boxcars and some gons, some of them were easy, and some were harder, the harder being the old run of cars....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
BTW, Welcome

Im glad to see you here and joined up on the new gauge 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
thanks josh. i think these kits are newer. the guy i bought them off of said they come with metal whell sets and kadee couplers. it was an estate sale and i got 12 undec hoppers new in the box for $40.00. kinda hard tp pass that up.

todd
csiguy68 Wrote:thanks josh. i think these kits are newer. the guy i bought them off of said they come with metal whell sets and kadee couplers. it was an estate sale and i got 12 undec hoppers new in the box for $40.00. kinda hard tp pass that up.

todd

dang now that is ine heck of a deal Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
i got a PROCOR car made by themi think they are a great kit..i got mine reduced it was damaged..... i call it weathered look. i donot have any other cars by that company but i really like the look of it
if i buy any more i hiope for the pre stressed look in the cars...better price and look more realistic to me
nice car, good luck with your models
better detail than the blue box specials i am use to
I think any car that comes with metal wheels and kdee couple and metal weights has got to be a half decent car.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada