pics to big
tried to post pics in replies and gallery the message says that the files are too big, can some one help.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
all my pics are set to 640x480, thats the default i have set in photobucket when i upload pics, and i have no problems with the size of pics on this site. 640x480 is maximum on most forums i believe
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
yes - the size limit as far as I know.. is 800 wide X 600 tall

let us know if you still have problems...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Actually, I'm having problems getting the pictures from the Gallery here to show as pictures in a Thread - they show as links, which, when clicked on, show the picture. I'd prefer them to show as pictures automatically. The pictures that I link from photobucket all show as pictures, even though a third of each is missing because they're too big.

Wayne (who's supposed to be a co-Moderator in the Shutterbug area) 35
Trucklover Wrote:all my pics are set to 640x480, thats the default i have set in photobucket when i upload pics, and i have no problems with the size of pics on this site. 640x480 is maximum on most forums i believe
Mine are set to 640 x 480 and it's still cutting part off.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
I think file size limit is more a concern than the physical dimensions. An 640x480 image can be variety of file sizes depending how the photo was taken/saved/edited/etc...
doctorwayne Wrote:Actually, I'm having problems getting the pictures from the Gallery here to show as pictures in a Thread - they show as links, which, when clicked on, show the picture. I'd prefer them to show as pictures automatically. The pictures that I link from photobucket all show as pictures, even though a third of each is missing because they're too big.

Wayne (who's supposed to be a co-Moderator in the Shutterbug area) 35

Wayne,

I had this happen to me this morning... The link was not parsed as an image link - I had to go back in and add the [img] tags around the url (full http:// address). I did not attempt to use the bbcode (i.e. [album] notation).

Hope that helps.

Andrew
The 'albumimg' and 'albumthumb' buttons are for linking to images in your Gallery within this site. The 'Img' button is for linking to images on other sites. There is another thread about how to link to images in your Gallery.