Any Canadians here?
I am stuart Warren from Renfrew Ontario
HO scale
Canadian National is the railway of choice
but I model a leasing company so i do not have to be 100 percent correct
Imy layout is a Lshape train yard ( no longer have the space for the 200 square foot layout divorce killed my empire plans lol)
measures 8 feet long x 18 inches wide the short span is 6 feet 6 inches long by 18 inches wide
it is ashelf plan, 5/8 pressed board with 2 inches of foam on top for a base
fleet includes
Kato, Atlas, altas with kato drives, athearn blue box and RTR, bachman spectrum and bachmann plus models for motive power
since it is a leasing fleet the power dates from late 1940 NW2 models to Sd70mac, geeps 7,9,30,40,50, and 60, dd 40 ( athearn model close enough for me makes a great switcher ) Sd 40s, Dash 9
the gp 40 include some new to me units that were kitted out for CN with the saftey cab, or Canadian Cab depending how you look at it, I will not call it the wide cab as that drives some people crazy as it is not a wide load
even has true leasing powers LMS dash 8-40cw by bachmann spectrums
my personal fav as i got to tour one of them on the CN( former ICRR line thru Iowa when I lived in Aurelia Iowa before my divorce and moving back to Canada. One of the units was picking up cars at the local co-op and the crew invited me to look inside late one night ( a thrill for me at 33 years of age)

the fleet is varied and I like it that way
I now live back in Canada
In Renfrew Ontario just a few blocks from the former CN line that ran from Ottawa to Barry's Bay Ontario, and a few blocks up the street from the Ottawa Valley Railroad ( former CP main line thru Ontario to Western Canada ) around MP 58.9 give or take a 100 meters

So any other Canadian modellers here?
any CN fans or IC fans?

great site so far I enjoy this group of people
Stuart
Hi Stuart -- Sounds like a great layout!

I know there are some Canadian here -- there are probably quite a few. I'm one of them and live in Toronto.

I currently have two small layouts (4x6 and 3x4) and mostly run British steam-era stock. However, I also have quite a collection of Canadian/North American trains. Most of my Canadian ones are CN locos made by IHC and Proto 1000. I recently kit-bashed a Rivarossi AT&SF Pacific into (more or less) a J-class CN Pacific.

Take care and I hope all goes well with your layout.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
Yo! I'm Canadian Eh! Pass the beer and back bacon. 35
Yep Canadian here , up north in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I am from Vancouver area in BC. Smile
My name is Stephen and I want to give back to this great hobby.
So please pop over to my website and enjoy the free tutorials.
If you live near me maybe we can share layouts. Smile
Have fun and God bless.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com
Fellow Canadian checking EH1 219
New kid in town
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Modelersguild.com">www.Modelersguild.com</a><!-- w -->
Canuckian Reporting for Duty! Cheers

My Sig sums it up....

As for the Canadian National / Canadian Pacific rivalry...

Noodle / Worm / Leaky Roof... Ha!

Cheers Stand fast Craigellachie ! Cheers
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
i have heard of the wet noodle, the limp noodle, the pacman logo but the leaking roof that is new to me
made me laugh when i read that
thanks
Hi Stuart,

That's not Pacman, it's the Multimark! Big Grin

Here's the story of how Grand Trunk / Canadian National got to be known as the "Leaky Roof" from R.L.Kennedy's Old Time Trains Website
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
Hi, there! I am on Vancouver Island. I am interested in Canadian railways, and am slowly building a CPR steam train (no engine). I am a freelancer who enjoys running a variety of hardware, but I have two concentrations in the Pennsy and the NYC. The CPR and the N&W are my next two targets, after which comes a full halt to development...no room, no permission. :?

-Crandell
Count me in from the wilds of Alberta. Have some CN in HO, some CP in N scale, but mostly concentrate on a freelanced narrow gauge line in the Yukon and northern B.C...in On30.

If you understand the phrase, "Excuse me, can you please pass me a serviette? I've spilled my poutine on the chesterfield."...then you're Canadian.
Megill River & Lighthorse in On30:
Fictional Northern Canadian Line.
Linking the Y&WP To Dolly Varden Mines Rwy.

NARA Member Number 74.
I am curious though. Anyone in or near Coquitlam? If so maybe we can visit each others layouts? Or you can come see mine if you don't have one. Smile
My name is Stephen and I want to give back to this great hobby.
So please pop over to my website and enjoy the free tutorials.
If you live near me maybe we can share layouts. Smile
Have fun and God bless.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com
Another Canadian reporting in from Toronto (please don't hate me! LOL!)

I model CN and CP in HO circa 1956, set around Parkdale Yard (now defunct) in the city's west industrial district, also now defunct. In addition to the yard, I'm also modelling part of the extensive Massey Fergusson complex, with a little of Inglis thrown in, and a fairly extensive city scene on one side. The benchwork is complete, and track is laid on about half the layout.

Good to see so many fellow Canadians here!!!!

cheers
Val
And another one, but I model British railways (but you couldn't guess that from the pics I just posted.) And I see that there are at least 3 on here that I've met in person and a couple more that have been avoiding me. Shoot
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I am from Brampton Ont, modeling freelance in HO.
Dadbert
CEO C&PRR