...from the lense of Barney Secord.

The shops at Lowbanks, approached from the west:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews014.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews024.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews025.jpg]

And another pass, from the east:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews027.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews026.jpg]

"Interesting" Icon_lol how the right-hand one third of the picture gets chopped off.

Wayne
Nice Wayne! Your pics look great on a blue background! Smile

Ralph
Barney sure has a knack for getting some GREAT SHOTS Wayne Wink Big Grin . will you be adding future "fly-over" shots to this?
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Doesn't it make you a bit nervous when your locomotives take that track around the turntable so close to the edge? That would be just the place where all my locomotives would choose to derail.
I like the detached plow sitting on blocks in front of the engine shed.
Surprisingly, that track on the edge of the layout never seems to have derailments - I have even had a Yellowstone on that track, both in forward and reverse. If I want a derailment, the shop track in the last picture, with the handcars on it, is the one to use. One of the hazards of trying to fit stuff into limited space, I suppose. Why, space is at such a premium here, I had to make my 90' turntable only 89' long! Confusedhock: (Well, actually I made it to fit the space, and later discovered that it was an 89'-er.)
That plow, which is sitting loose on the blocks, came with loco #34, which is visible at the right in pictures 2 and 3: it's a brass model of a B&M B-15 Mogul, modified slightly and re-motored.
Deano, I usually try to take most photos down at "eye level", but every once in a while, someone wants to see an example of a certain building or track lay-out. Many times, to avoid distractions in the foreground, I resort to these aerial views, to show things in their over-all context. (Plus, I find Barney to be useful when I want to post such pictures - in the past, I've used the "railfan atop the water tower" ploy, "photographer on a nearby roof" ploy, etc. etc.) Mind you, Barney's been found under a bridge, too, both in his plane and with a bottle in a brown paper bag. :o Tongue

Wayne
Wayne

I really enjoy when Barney goes flying over your layout. It has so many details that make the scenes come to life.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.colorcountrytrains.org/">http://www.colorcountrytrains.org/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mooreway.com/">http://www.mooreway.com/</a><!-- m -->
Great Shots! That is a very well done layout - any pictures of the urban sections?

- Dan
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Dan, I don't have very many pictures here in the Gallery, as I will need to re-size them in order for them to be accepted. I'll attempt to post a few more from photobucket, although the right side of the pictures seems to get edited away somehow upon posting.

Wayne
Thank you Doctorwayne and Barney. I was starting to have withdrawals from not seeing your pictures Eek

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
Glad to see some more pics Wayne. GREAT modeling!! Looking forward to seeing some more work from you!! I LOVE that Overhead Crane!! Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Great Pictures! Thumbsup
I would have loved to see the manuever that Barney did avoiding the coal tower after the third picture. Icon_lol
Scott
Very nicely done indeed! I would not mind seeing more of your layout Thumbsup Thumbsup

What do you use for grass?

Again very well done. Confusedhock:
Here are some more views from the cockpit.

Approaching from the north side of Dunnville, Creechan's Fine Fuels is centre-frame, with P&M Languay Pump and Compressor Division to the right. Dead ahead, Dunnville Union Station:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews022.jpg]

And a quick view looking back, with the offices of the John Bertram Company almost directly below. Barney had just thrown a couple of empties, which had been rolling around on the floor, out of the cockpit, and I had to airbrush them out of the photo. One narrowly missed that Packard leaving the grounds with a new lathe.
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews021.jpg]

Continuing on, Coldfield Washer is to the left, with WilKinson-Kompass straight ahead. Barney has always flown "close to the edge", but these factories also appear to be perched on the edge of the world. Eek National Grocers warehouse complex is to the right:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews023.jpg]

Putting his Stearman biplane into a skid, Barney captured the following sequence of pictures. How he manages to control the plane, operate the camera, and never spill a drop of his ever-present drink remains a source of wonder:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews018.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews019.jpg]

[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews020.jpg]

Surprisingly, this shot, looking north, is part of the same sequence, and was taken looking forward. Eek That's the roof of Wilkinson-Kompass directly below:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews016.jpg]

With the little plane now moving backwards, Barney snapped this "going away" shot:
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews015.jpg]

Then, after calmly finishing his drink, put his plane into a dive (and he's been thrown out of many) in order to recover airspeed. Bystanders watching nearby thought that he might attempt to fly between National Grocers and the Evell Casket Company, but Barney had previously measured that opening in the "sky", which leads to the railroad's south staging yards, and knew that his plane would not fit.
One of the young Evell boys, though, seen at the bottom left of the frame, was having fits of his own, as he's been trying for ages to unlock that car of his. Wink Misngth
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews017.jpg]

I hope you've enjoyed these further escapades of our daring fly boy.

Wayne
Wayne.... Thanks for the grand tour. As always, it was a real pleasure to see your excellent work and photography.

Bob/Iron Goat
[
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL work Wayne!! I always enjoy seeing pics of your layout, i see new things every time, it is incredible how much detail you have added in there!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World