How do we "edit" a post.
I have a cordless keyboard and mouse by Microsoft, the store was sold out of Logitech keyboards and mice when I bought it. My keyboard frequently drops letters as I type, and if I hit the post button before I proof read, errors show up. On the old board I did a lot of editing my posts because I did most of my proof reading after I had posted. I don't see an edit button on this new forum.
Russ my edit button appears on my posts after i post them in the upper right corner of my original posts, its right next to the "quote" button
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Here's where you'll see it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nolatron,
I have a white background, and I don't get either one of the buttons pictured on your sample page. No edit button and no quote button.
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Nolatron,
I have a white background, and I don't get either one of the buttons pictured on your sample page. No edit button and no quote button.

What browser and operating system are you using? Not sure how you're getting a white background. Should be blue.
I'm on both Mozilla and I.E. I normally use Mozilla, but it went down for a few hours yesterday, so I opened this with site with I.E. That was when I discovered that I had problems with I.E. that I didn't have with mozilla. I don't know why I have a white screen.
Mozilla shouldn't "go down". I wonder what version of Mozilla are you running. Are you using Mozilla Firefox or the old Mozilla browser? The old Mozilla browser isn't supported any more and could be susceptible to bugs. I use "Mozilla Firefox" at the link below. I also use the "AdBlock Plus" plugin at the link farther below.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
My Firefox Browser prompts me for an update whenever the new version is released, in fact, it just made me update today to the newest version....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I don't think the old Mozilla browser did that. They changed the name from Mozilla to Firefox a few years ago. Back in the day when I use to walk to school up hill both ways, the Mozilla browser was like Firefox and Thunderbird combined into one. I think they separated them out so that their open source community could focus on one thing or another. I believe there was also marketing reasons behind using Thunderbird and Firefox for names.

I really like Firefox alot, but we're forced to support IE at work. Sad
I'm running the new Firefox and it prompts me to update every time they release a new version or an update for the previous version and I've kept it up to date. I received a "pop up" notification the other day telling me that Firefox was down and to advise Mozilla of the problem by "clicking the box" and sending it in. I did, and the browser was restored a few hours later.
Still no "edit" button. On my last post I missed a "d" in did.
Did you follow my steps in your white background thread? Do your color options look like the attached pic?

Do you still have a white background?

Attached Files Image(s)