Kevins layout progress thread
I have a few threads going for what Ive been up to, but Im just gonna make one thread to track my progress. So far I only have one more section of benchwork to build and today I put a plywood top on everything that i have built so far. Im hoping to get styrofoam to lay down tommorow so I can start drawing out my trackplan and seeing how everything will fit. I installed sme backdrop pieces that were on the old layout and when everything is done and I get a chance to paint the foreground I thing it will make a big difference. I also played around with a few old structures I have getting an idea of what ill use and what will go where. It feels good to be playing with trains again. Goldth

Here are some pics of what I have built. I cant get any better pictures unfortunately, cause my camera is broke and its hard to take a good picture with it.
[Image: DSCN4159.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4156.jpg]
Looking good Kevin. I wish i could be where you are right now. Im so anxious to start my M&ET layout projects, but i have to wait till i move out and get a house of my own, which will probably be a couple years down the line :?

Good thing ill be able to build the few modules that go with the layout to keep me busy LOL
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
As of today I have all the foamboard glued down and can start laying cork track soon. But on another note, my locomotive fleet is currently having some issues. lol
Cool,

what issues are you having? There is nothing that some elbow grease can't fix, except some of my bad-luck locomotives.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
One of my locomotives is casue is making an odd noise, so i tried to oil it and replaces the lights on it with led, and now cant get the wire mess cleaned up enough the get the shell to sit on it right and something is preventing the rear truck from turning properly. and I also ound some of my decoders are appearently not compatible with my DCC system.
KevinKrey Wrote:One of my locomotives is casue is making an odd noise, so i tried to oil it and replaces the lights on it with led, and now cant get the wire mess cleaned up enough the get the shell to sit on it right and something is preventing the rear truck from turning properly. and I also ound some of my decoders are appearently not compatible with my DCC system.

Can you give more details? what make/type of locomotive is it? what kind of decoder, what kind of DCC system, what did you do to oil it, how did you pack the wiring?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Well prices of track at the LHS have skyrocketed, so I ordered switches off the internet, and i got my left hands tonight and hopefully my right hand tommorow so i can start layin out track.
Well been workin on the train a little bit lately and gettin more ideas and all. Not sure on my gravel plant industry yet, and what all it will be. I cut my grain elevator in half to be along a backdrop, and made some pvc pipe silos that are looking great! Still having issues with the dcc so running locos is still not going real well. My camera is broke so pictures are kinda hard.. Curse But I got a few new locos and cars lately. But Ive been having the modeling itch so cant wait to get some pictures up!
I guess I forgot to mention that since my last update all the track has been layed, and I got a good most of the wiring done.
Good to hear of the progress, Kevin. Get the camera fixed so we can see more photos!

What kind of DCC system are you using? Did you install a bus and feeder wiring?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
KevinKrey Wrote:I guess I forgot to mention that since my last update all the track has been layed, and I got a good most of the wiring done.

Wow! You're movin'!!! Thumbsup
Ralph
Gary S Wrote:Good to hear of the progress, Kevin. Get the camera fixed so we can see more photos!

What kind of DCC system are you using? Did you install a bus and feeder wiring?

I have a MRC system, yep, bus is ran and feeders are being attached, not all done yet. I have another thread goin with my issues on that.

And yes Ralph, sure am its kinda been a little here and a little there so its not so much anything Ive been updating on here, but it looks much different if I could post a pic.
So tonight I got my locos running again, I finished attaching all the feeder wires to the busses (well almost.. Icon_lol ) and I got bored so tried scenicing an area, it turned out alright, but man it still has that cheesy toy train look in my opinion... :| but I also had a small operating session much like I plan to do when its finished. It was a blast and showed me a few spots that might need a little touch up track work.
Havent posted in this thread in a LONG time. Finally can get some pics up. Lots to do still but making some progress finally again.

[Image: train2.jpg]
[Image: train1.jpg]
[Image: train3.jpg]
Nice! Love that quarry scene!