Finally A place for a Railroad!!
Hooray!!! At last I will have a place to build a REAL Railroad!!
I am in the final stages of buying a house in Colorado to retire in! I'll be leaving Las Vegas to live there about april or May. The best thing is I have a basement I can use for a layout. Take a look!

It even has a a shelf or two!! 2285_ The Basement is about 20 X30.

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
On second thought, perhaps THE BEST THING is there is NO ONE I have to negoiate with for the basement!!! :bounce7:
You'll be surprised that, after you move everything in... how small that space is Eek

Seriously, Best of Luck!!!! Post pics when you start building Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Congratulations Dave, now we can look forward to more of your fine modeling on a grander scale. What time period are you thinking?
Charlie
ngauger Wrote:You'll be surprised that, after you move everything in... how small that space is Eek

Mikey,Judging by those pictures I don't think he has a need to move to much more in.

Even comes with a built in work bench!!! What a basement!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
That's a lot of storage! Nice basement, and I wish you the best luck with the house too - can't wait to see the construction get underway!

The move from Las Vegas to Colorado seems like quite the location change! I'm not sure I would be able to make the transition from year-round shorts and ac back to snow and cold!

- Dan
What everybody else said.
When I bought my house it came with a workbench in the basement. I couldn't wait to get my work area set up!
Unfortunatly, its three floors below the layout. But I've been working around it.
Good luck on the new layout room with a house keeping it dry.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Frankly, I am a little jealous. Here in Arizona, basements are extremely rare. I've heard many reasons why, but the most likely explanation is that the need for convective heating systems never existed here, and builders have never gotten in the habit of building basements in order to reduce the cost of homes. My neighbor has a basement, if you could call it that, but her house was built in the 1930s, and the "basement" is basically just a room underneath the house (accessed from the outside) and probably intended for food storage.

So why am I jealous? A basement would be a much cooler place during the summer! Congrats on the house - I hope it all goes well for you!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Charlie B Wrote:Congratulations Dave, now we can look forward to more of your fine modeling on a grander scale. What time period are you thinking?
Charlie

Charlie --- I have always been partial to the early to mid 1950s. Never cared much for di-zese-als so leaves me room for a lot of steam.
Brakie Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:You'll be surprised that, after you move everything in... how small that space is Eek

Mikey,Judging by those pictures I don't think he has a need to move to much more in.

Even comes with a built in work bench!!! What a basement!

Thanks Larry--- you are correct-- don't plan on having much of anything else down there besides models & railroad. The upstairs has 1800 SF for just me to rattle around in.
Dan85 Wrote:That's a lot of storage! Nice basement, and I wish you the best luck with the house too - can't wait to see the construction get underway!

The move from Las Vegas to Colorado seems like quite the location change! I'm not sure I would be able to make the transition from year-round shorts and ac back to snow and cold!

- Dan

Dan---- It snows in Colorado????????? Eek Hmmmmm?? So thats what all the shelves are for ----- winter food!! Like bears huh? Wallbang

Durn real estate guy --- I told him it looked like snow --- he said the flour mill roof blew off!!! Nope

Hmmmm....Looks like flour to me.... Goldth
That's a nice "spread" to mess around in. Look forward to your build... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
1990_dancing Waveof7
Harry Check out my blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/">http://newyorkontariowestern.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
2296_ OH YEAH ---- ANOTHER GREAT THING -------- IT'S ONLY ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY FROM CABOOSE HOBBIES !!! Thumbsup
Looks like a nice back yard for building your outdoor layout also.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)