The beginning of my C&O New River Sub layout
Next tree photos:

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
The next photos!

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
Great looking tree! I don't recognize the "green parts". Is that a local plant ?, or a commercial product ? Either way, it makes excellent "fine branch and leaf structure".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Cheers that makes into a nice-looking tree, and I also like the latest photos of your layout. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Sumpter250 Wrote:Great looking tree! I don't recognize the "green parts". Is that a local plant ?, or a commercial product ? Either way, it makes excellent "fine branch and leaf structure".

The green parts are made from the small dry perches, which I have cutted from my wifes flower bush and the HEKI Natural bushes. I have drilled small holes into the perches (0.4 - 0.5 mm drill - American size ???) and glued small green parts of HEKI Natural Bushes into the holes. The result you can see on pic #6. These parts I have glued into the bigger holes on the bole.

Greetings from Bavaria

Marco
C & O.... for Progress
HEKI " natural bushes " Thumbsup Thumbsup I should have known ! Thanks.

While on the subject of trees....this is a good time of the year to get photos of trees...without their leaves!
The better looking the branch structure, the better looking the tree will be. Also a good time to check out the various types of trunk, and branch configurations, of the various types of trees ( at least in the local area ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hi at all,

here are three new pics from my modular layout!

EMD BL2 #82 is rumbling down the branch line near Imperial Junction, WV! Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
Right now, in the last days I have begun to landscape the next modul Imperial Junction. The result you can see at the following pics.

Today I have built a small structure after C&O plans: A C&O Standard Temporary Telegraph Office! Some of these offices still stand until the early 1970's!

The C&O called them cabins, my cabin will show the call letters IM, which stands for Imperial WV.
The small building was not built from a kit, I have used thin plywood and 4 mm wood stripes. If the IM cabin is ready to display it will be placed between the two switches on the Imperial Junction modul. Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
OK, here are the pics from the IM Cabin...

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
Marco good work, see you at saturday! Thumbsup
Santa Fe all the way
Greetings from Germany!
Wow these are really great couple of modules!

I am a big fan of the single track modules as they are much closer to most mainlines in the USA. I have a couple of Free-mo modules that I have been working on and recommend anyone that has limited space to build modules. Worse case you can always incorporate them in a future layout and it gives you a reason to get together with others and run trains.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:Wow these are really great couple of modules!

I am a big fan of the single track modules as they are much closer to most mainlines in the USA. I have a couple of Free-mo modules that I have been working on and recommend anyone that has limited space to build modules. Worse case you can always incorporate them in a future layout and it gives you a reason to get together with others and run trains.

Yes, I agree, this is absolutely my intention! Modules are great for short space, and if you have the chance to get more space you have an operational layout from the start!
For the future I hope I can buy an old Bavarian farm house with an integrated cowhouse. In this cowhouse I would build in the modules and would have the space for more.
By the way, as of now, I have 14 modules, each dimension is 1 meter x 0.5 meter.

Greetings Marco
C & O.... for Progress
Hi at all!

OK, there are some new photos from my most recent project. I have applied the window frames and the door to the IM Cabin, the roof will be added next days. Also I have made some work on the modul. For the window frames I have used rest of a Branchline Laser Art Structure kit.

On the siding you can see one of my rolling projects, the first car of my MofW forces, an C&O kitchen car, converted from an old 36' box car.

Enjoy!

Greetings Marco

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
And here are some pics of the modul and the kitchen car!

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress
OK, that's it for today!

Greetings Marco

Attached Files Image(s)

C & O.... for Progress