Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here?
Guess I'll break the rule and play again. Another Conrail GP 35 at East Palestine in 1977    
Charlie
Locally any new "second-hand" locomotives that have yet to be repainted in the new owner's livery are known as "PATCHED" units.Charlie's photo shows an ex-Reading GP35 which has been patched to her new owner---CR.Following that train of thought,here's ex UP C40-8 #2039 patched as CN

[Image: 020-3.jpg]
NS has got a few of the UP cast offs too. I am wondering why UP is casting off locomotives with good service life left.
Charlie
Here's another CN taken last week at Rochester, Pa.     Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:NS has got a few of the UP cast offs too. I am wondering why UP is casting off locomotives with good service life left.
Charlie

Icon_twisted They get, rid of potential "repair costs" ?........and........ They get a healthy Tax Write-off on the replacement locos "? Icon_twisted 357 357 357 Popcornbeer Popcornbeer

You can call me cynical Wink Confusedhock: But..... Icon_lol Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Money Talks, everything else "walks" Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Charlie---nice catch with that CN SD60F in your backyard---now if you send a Heritage unit down here,we'll be even Icon_lol Here's a shot of sister SD60F 5500 with another CN diesel crossing the Desjardin Canal bridge

[Image: P1170599_zpsdcae9260.jpg]
Here is a crewless hopper train with CN power at the East end of the CSX yard in New Castle, Pa 9/20/2008    
Charlie
I've got lots of CN photos---here's a couple of GP9's at Bayview

[Image: 023-11.jpg]
Here is some action at the CN roundhouse in Toronto.     Charlie
Great picture Charlie---here's an older shot of CN F7A 9164 which has been modified for snow-plow service

[Image: a0e926c1-87fb-4cb8-b87b-fcbb832f7d30.jpg]
That would make an interesting model for sure.
Charlie
Here's a plow...

[Image: freshfoe-toes018.jpg]

Wayne
Here is a night shot of one that is sitting on the main at Enon Valley while the crew was eating a much deserved supper at the Enon Valley Inn.    
Charlie
Delson Quebec Museum

[Image: 041-2.jpg]
From plows to a van.    
Charlie