Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here?
Here is one from 1978, Cumberland, Md
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shot Charlie---another excursion train,this time Stasburg

[Image: 1204061001.jpg]
Steamtown-Scranton,Pa Aug 1997

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful---now we're rolling.The Napa Valley wine train 2005

[Image: 2005California087.jpg]
We're takin' it to Electric Avenue...

[Image: NICTD23SouthBendIN9-1-07.jpg]

Notre Dame football excursion in South Bend in September 2007.

For more on the South Shore/NICTD see my thread down in US Rails.
Same general area, originally anyway:
[Image: PhotosfromtheIllinoisRailwayMuse-41.jpg]

Wayne
FOUL! FOUL! RULE VIOLATION!

I think several of the photos above are violations! No proper connection to the previous photo!

I mean, excursion trains????

So do we have a category for freight trains?

Misngth
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
When you can connect it back to a freight train, by equipment, location, or railroad, you can post one.
Gary S Wrote:FOUL! FOUL! RULE VIOLATION!

I think several of the photos above are violations! No proper connection to the previous photo!

I mean, excursion trains????

So do we have a category for freight trains?

Misngth

C'mon, Gary: "excursion trains" ended with a football excursion powered by electricity. I followed-up with an electrically powered train - surely you've got a photo of a Texas GG-1 on freight? Misngth Icon_lol Misngth Icon_lol

Wayne
railohio Wrote:When you can connect it back to a freight train, by equipment, location, or railroad, you can post one.

What I mean, based on the "excursion train" theme, is that when we do get back to freight, then anything freight will do, just like anything "excursion" will do.
doctorwayne Wrote:C'mon, Gary: "excursion trains" ended with a football excursion powered by electricity. I followed-up with an electrically powered train - surely you've got a photo of a Texas GG-1 on freight? Misngth Icon_lol Misngth Icon_lol

Geez, I got "hammered" when I posted a modern diesel as a follow-up to some oBsCuRe northern RS-11, but look at what this thread has degraded into! A free-for-all of "if people ride in it, it is okay to post it, steam, diesel, electric, lounge cars, commuters, rail buses," and all this from a flat car with a canopy built on it. Confusedhock:
Generally speaking to these folks a passenger train is a passenger train is a passenger train. That's enough of an oddity to be a subject unto itself. If you're posting a freight train then it needs to be of the same railroad or locomotive model as the previous photo. Yes, it's supposed to be a bit of a challenge, and you won't always have a photo to follow up to another. If I have nothing to follow up a stuffed and mounted toaster in a museum I fold.
[Image: WestboundCreekBeavertonOR2-3-09.jpg]

Westbound MAX train approaching the Beaverton Creek stop, February 2009.
These folks? Who are they?

A passenger train is a passenger train is a passenger train?

I just threw the red flag for an instant replay rules review! Wallbang
Booth review is in. They said that according to the first page of this thread, a passenger train is a passenger train is a passenger train. I just lost a time-out. :cry: