Free trackplanning software?
I just bring in the chain saw...
MountainMan Wrote:I practiced medicine for thirty years.
MountainMan Wrote:I just bring in the chain saw...
I'm starting to wonder just what kind of a doctor you were MM. :o Icon_lol
Came back to this thread after a while and wow, had some reading to do. For being a train guys, yall sure can get "offtrack" Icon_lol but thats what makes this site fun. I did try it the other night, will deffinaltely take some time to fugure out.
How do you set up how big the area you have? as in the layout size, I just get a 2'x2' square.
KevinKrey Wrote:How do you set up how big the area you have? as in the layout size, I just get a 2'x2' square.

In which of the programs ?

In Xtrkcad:
Options | Preferences - choose metric or english
Options | Layout - size of room (in inches), choose scale (H0, N or whatever), choose narrow gauge or standard gauge
File | Parameter Files - check that the type of turnouts you want to use is selected

Program stores the layout dimensions you use, so next time you start a new plan it is the same size canvas.
Or you can open an old plan, and use Save As to store it under a new name, and then make the changes you want.

Smile,
Stein
Yea, thats theprogram, I want to try. Thanks.
Kevin can you draw up the dimensions of your bench work and scale , maybe we can have a bit of fun with this?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
TrainNut Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:I practiced medicine for thirty years.
MountainMan Wrote:I just bring in the chain saw...
I'm starting to wonder just what kind of a doctor you were MM. :o Icon_lol

Be afraid...bevery afraid... Icon_twisted

I was really good at amputations... Icon_lol
MountainMan Wrote:Be afraid...bevery afraid... Icon_twisted

I was really good at amputations... Icon_lol

And watch out for the leeches!
Leeches are back in vogue, particularly among surgeons who do micro-surgery such as re-attachments. In Europe, you can get them from pharmacies.
kevin are you still there?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
MountainMan Wrote:Leeches are back in vogue, particularly among surgeons who do micro-surgery such as re-attachments. In Europe, you can get them from pharmacies.

True. But once upon a time a course of leeches was standard treatment for everything from stagnation of the lungs to imbalance of the humours. Just the thing to restore your black bile to normal. 35
Works for me. Maybe we need some leeches on the forum?
I'll pass! Eek
Ralph
Well, they DO use botulism toxins!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
LynnB Wrote:kevin are you still there?

Yep, right here! Sorry, been busy lately. Got a snow storm moving in and I just got my route all figured out for snow removal.

Im not sure how to get a map of the layout area up here. I think paint might be the best thing to try.