Finding my way in the Gallery
I have been visiting web sites for 11 years now, and although I don't want to hurt any feelings, I think looking at pictures in the gallery is the second most difficult on the web.
I want to send links to some rail friends to encourage them to join, but I can't seem to find any links that would produce a slide show of pictures in the member galleries. If there is a way to do it, I need instructions, and might suggest that it be made more user friendly to find.
If it isn't an option, could it be made one.
Another thing, (just my preference) when you click on one of the thumbs it wants to download the picture. Most of us are used to clicking on thumbs for the larger version, and then right click to download. In the gallery you have to click the title to get the larger version.
Enough Monday morning belly aching
Charlie
Hi Charlie,

Quote:Another thing, (just my preference) when you click on one of the thumbs it wants to download the picture. Most of us are used to clicking on thumbs for the larger version, and then right click to download. In the gallery you have to click the title to get the larger version.

I have noticed this too... However, if you click open instead of download, it will simply open in Explorer (haven't tested it in other browsers).

It's not overly intuitive, I'll give you that. But clicking on members' gallery at least lets you navigate by member name. There's not so many of us here yet, and about half the photos belong to doctorwayne...! Wink

I am going to experiment a little and see what I can find.

Andrew
Sorry, Charlie. :oops: I had forgotten about this question.

I did visit Big Blue under an alias to see how things look to regular Members. What I found useful for viewing pictures is to go to the "Members" list (near the top of your screen, at the right, next to "Log In"/"Log Out". You can either work your way through the list, or use the "Find a Member" option.
Next, simply click on the Member's name, which will take you to a profile page for that Member. This will include some images at the bottom of the page (if, of course, that Member has images in the Gallery). However, you'll find more images simply by clicking on "Search User's Images", under the heading "User Statistics". In my Gallery, for instance, using the latter method, there are 715 images, displayed 200 to a page. As you've learned, click on the "Image Name" for an enlarged view.

There is a "Next" button, of sorts, in the form of a thumbnail at the top right of the screen where you view the enlarged picture, which will let you go through the entire Album. However, if you're looking for particular images, for instance, freight cars, it's probably faster to scroll down the Album pages, enlarging only those at which you'd like a closer look. The pictures are arranged, more-or-less, in the Gallery by-type, but for some reason they appear in a more random fashion when accessed in this manner.

Wayne