"View New Posts Button"
Has there been any progress made with adding a "view new posts" button to the tops of all forum pages with the "new" color schemes? I had mentioned this a little while back when the new color scheme options were uploaded to Big Blue, but havnt seen the addition of the button yet

Its not a big deal, but it would be more convenient to have the "view new posts" button added to the top next to the "view your posts" like on the older color scheme. I find myself having to navigate to the main board index to click on the "view new posts" button every time which kinda makes it a pain when your in a hurry LOL

Sometimes i just hit the "delete" key and firefox brings me back one page each click, but this does not re-fresh the page if new posts have been made....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I second the motion!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I'm not sure what you are asking for, Josh. Now that I have "Big Blue" in color any threads that have new posts have the icon in the left margin in red with a small red square. If I click on the red square I get taken directly to the new posts.
Russ Bellinis Wrote:I'm not sure what you are asking for, Josh. Now that I have "Big Blue" in color any threads that have new posts have the icon in the left margin in red with a small red square. If I click on the red square I get taken directly to the new posts.
We have three new styles, or color schemes. On our default style, there is a "view new posts" link on every page. On the three new styles, it only appears on the "board index" page. I've asked Path to take a look at it in hopes that he can make them all the same.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I have been using the prosilver version because I like the lighter background. I changed back to the dark blue version, and the "View New Posts" button is indeed on every page. Hopefully that can be added to the other versions!

Thanks!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:I have been using the prosilver version because I like the lighter background. I changed back to the dark blue version, and the "View New Posts" button is indeed on every page. Hopefully that can be added to the other versions!

Thanks!

Im using the same one, prosilver. I liked the default one, but i like this one better, as i often browse a few forums and email at a time, and well switching from a dark background to a white background is kinda hard on the eyes, even for a youngster like me LOL
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I'm using the "se square left" one. And have the same problem.
Tom (TC) - Creator of Extremely Miniature Layouts on Disks! See Them All, and More on My Website. Latest Update: Jan '10.
[Image: 200549bd0989263ef.png]
I simply made the url it a bookmark on my browser bookmark bar.

http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/search.ph...d=newposts

Right click on the above URL and click "Bookmark this link" (in firefox anyway) to add it to your bookmarks (bookmark toolbar for easiest one-click access).

This way I can hit the newest post from whatever site I am on.
nolatron Wrote:I simply made the url it a bookmark on my browser bookmark bar.

http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/search.ph...d=newposts

Right click on the above URL and click "Bookmark this link" (in firefox anyway).

This way I can hit the newest post from whatever site I am on.
Yes, that's a good workaround, it's how I get here all the time. It's still a good idea to have that link though once you're here. Just one click instead of two. I'll remind Path that it needs his attention, but this is the holiday season so he may not have the time right now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD