The Trains In Snow thread
I was out trying to get a few train pictures the other day, but got caught in a lull. The cold weather must have caused a bunch of rail pull aparts so the welders were out doing there thing.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Two weeks ago, on a cold, foggy, windy day, I made a picture of this 43 series diesel railcar (or what's left of it...) of the Belgium State Railway at an abandoned yard.

[Image: SP2.jpg]
Wieger
Great picture Whiz. I see you have lots of graffiti Too. I love the mood the photo expresses.
Charlie
Here's a CN MoW train distributing replacement ties on the Grimsby Sub, near Bartlett Road, in Beamsville Ont.
[Image: CN4559withMoWtraindistributingtiesf.jpg]

Wayne
An NSB (Norwegian State Railroads) type 69 Electric Motor Unit commuter train with de-icing almost completed, january 2010:
[Image: 2kulde1.jpg]

NSB El 18 electric locomotive no 2243 pulling a passenger train consisting of 8 B7 passenger cars on the train from Bergen to Oslo in Norway:
[Image: 195-18-B7-ved-Ustaoset.jpg_300DPI.jpg]

Tank steam engine pulling a passenger train on the museum railroad "Tertitten" at Sørumsand:
[Image: 5430.2.jpg]

Smile,
Stein
Stein and Wayne...great shots, I'm really enjoying this thread.
Charlie
A few shots from last month taken in Arizona.
Actually Williams, of the Grand Canyon Railway's train, and then Grand Canyon Village.

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I took this a few years back on the KJR
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

David, those are beautiful shots of the Grand Canyon train, however I'm sure some one will let you know, despite photographic evidence, that the sun always shines and it never snows in Arizona Icon_lol . (at least that is what my sister-in-law always says.)
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:David, those are beautiful shots of the Grand Canyon train, however I'm sure some one will let you know, despite photographic evidence, that the sun always shines and it never snows in Arizona!
Yes, I'm fairly certain that you Photoshopped all that snow into the picture. This is what it looks like every time I've ever been up there...
[Image: image.php?album_id=98&image_id=1778]
This is from Jan., 1977. East Palestine.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie B, this one is beautiful!

[Image: file.php?id=4855]
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Cheers Cheers That's a GREAT photo....It's publication worthy.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
You're making my head swell. Icon_lol Here are two more from the same morning, March 2001.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Those two are terrific as well. Especially the one with the loco. Thanks for sharing!

We've been having some colder than normal weather down here for the past week, below freezing every night, and even having ice in puddles all day long (in the shade). It has been dry though, so no snow or ice to speak of except in the ditches and puddles. As I was driving home the other day, I went past a house and yard that looked like your photos. The trees, bushes, ground, everything was covered and encased in ice. Apparently the home owner went out with a garden house and sprayed everything down. It looked pretty cool!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times