The Trains In Snow thread
I once participated in trains in the snow. 5 years ago, I was helping the Pemberton Township Historic Trust bring in a new boxcar. My girlfriend came along. We had to move caboose over to make space for the boxcar. Unfortunately, the snow compacted in front of the caboose. They tried to move it with a tractor, but no luck!

We ended up shoveling the snow off the rails, and even then, we had trouble moving it! Eventually, they gave me a car-mover lever device. I got the caboose rolling, but my girlfriend stepped in and started pushing it, and it rolled right down the tracks. Only after she had moved it to the correct spot had she realized that no one was helping her push it down the tracks!

The locomotive was scrapped last month. The caboose here did survive. So did the CNJ caboose i helped fix, and a rare NX23.

[Image: PembertonBoxcar12212209014_0001screen2.jpg]

A little while before, I released the brakes. The caboose was a PRR N5C class, but I do not know the original number.

[Image: PembertonBoxcar12212209009.jpg]

I have a few more picture the next day where we were putting the boxcar on the tracks in the snow. The boxcar was sold, I think to the New Hope & Ivyland.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Taken today, NS506 at Carneys Point and PA-20 at Bridgeport

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Late in the day I found this short train heading west past A giant ruler stuck in the snow in front of my house. I must have stepped back in time when I walked out my door because it seems to be 1976 Wink .     I had to do this only because no one else has yet, and to demonstrate the amount of snow that has fallen the last few days (we have more on the way tonight).
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Leetown,March 1957

[Image: 2384f1cc-d51b-4fda-a2d6-c30306451381.jpg]
I had to kill some time this morning so the tracks in Leetonia, Ohio were a good place to wait. Havine a picture to post to this thread at this time of the year is not my idea of fun.    
Charlie
I just found this one from a little while back.

[Image: 20110203105904.jpg]
Awwww, come on! Cut it out until next Winter! Goldth Goldth Goldth
A few shots from today....    

Some great pics!!! Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Nice shots, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
8025 Sitting at Saltsburg, Pennsylvania on 1-2-14.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! OK...its Winter...I'm up for this again! Smile

Minnesota Commercial at New Brighton's yard.....

[Image: IMG_20141130_114700-1_zps7a8efc57.jpg]
So we finally get to see the other end of your layout. Goldth Nice shot. Do they still have any ALCo's? I checked their web site and it looks like an interesting roster.
Charlie
1998-12-29 Sydney, Nova Scotia The second last operable RS18 on the CBNS and last time I saw it in action.

[Image: RS18%203716c.jpg]
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Westbound on number 1 track at East Palestine today. I took my wife to the doctors office and waited for her sitting by the railroad station.
The temperature was 11 degrees F. I never left the warmth of the car, just rolled down the passenger window.     Charlie