Evening, y'all. Noticed on the "Log In" screen (usually stay logged in, so this is first I noticed) the Name & Password blocks show white characters on bright, iridescent green - very tough to distinguish (yeah - "Old-Eye Syndrome" !) Can I change that to black letters for my use - infrequent though it may be ? Bob C.
BTW: Firefox on Vista/analog LCD. Thanks ! BC
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Sorry about that Bob. I'm not sure what's going on, Like you, I stay logged on, but as a test, I logged off and back on. My logging screen showed up as blue with white text. I tried different styles and the same thing, When I logged out, I reverted back to the default, "Gauge dark" style until I logged in. I still got white text on blue background until I logged in, then everything went to whatever style color I had previously selected. I'm thinking that this shouldn't happen either, I would hope that once a style is selected, that your computer will remember that style whether you're logged in or not. It has to do with cookies I'm sure. You might try clearing our your cookies and your cache to see if that helps. In the meantime, I'm going to get a hold of Path and see if he can figure out what's happening here.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Think I've found the problem...it's MINE...when I use my Symantec/Norton auto-log-in, the color change happens. Without this feature, which requires re-activation each user/vista log-in, it's white on BLUE, as intended. Not to worry...I can get around it to get in - can't let something silly hold me up. Thanks for the trouble, Path & Don. Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."